GC in hand

chromedOut

Registered Users (C)
I just walked in from a weekend trip. the nondescript envelope from lee's summit was patiently waiting for me in my mail box. short of pinching myself, I felt for a rigid piece of plastic being enclosed and it was present, woohoo! inside was my beautiful permanent resident card

here's my entire timeline:

I'm/was FB1 (21+ y/o, unmarried child of lpr upgraded to usc).

June 30, 2006 – received date

July 7, 2006 – notice date (007 days)

August 2, 2006 – biometrics (033 days)

September 26, 2006 – ead approved (084 days)

October 11, 2006 – aos interview (approved, PD retrogressed) (103 days)

October 26, 2006 – case update (118 days)

November 1, 2006 – infopass; PD current again (no information) (124 days)

December 1, 2006 – infopass (pending name check) (154 days)

January 26, 2006 – infopass (pending name check, FBI prints and “no record” result) (210 days)

February 6, 2007 – case update (221 days)

February 20, 2007 – attorney follow-up (uscis reply: case sent to visa retrogress section for review) (235 days)

February 28, 2007 – case update (welcome notice sent) (243 days)

March 5, 2007 - welcome notice received

March 10, 2007 - GC received. resident since 2/28/07...day welcome notice email sent

btw, my petition is not even approved and its almost 5 years now since my dad filed for me; any suggestions what to do except just wait?
thanks

btw, my petition is not even approved and its almost 5 years now since my dad filed for me; any suggestions what to do except just wait?
thanks

my priority was jan '01. I actually had to wait approximately 6 months after my PD became current to file my AOS. my father (sponsor) was denied naturalization on his first try due to a discrepancy on days in residence in the u.s. rather than appeal it he went ahead and refiled.

you have to wait until your PD becomes current. there's no way to speed that up. my original i-130 was never, and STILL hasn't been, approved. isn't that crazy? when I had my AOS interview the officer informed me that my i-130 was missing from my file. we were able to produce the original receipt so he had us fill out a new application on his desk which he approved it on the spot.

:) :) :D Congratulations!!! Enjoy your new status :) Buy the old man a gift whenever you can especially when you don't feel like it:p