GC Holders DO YOU CARRY YOUR PLASTIC CARD WITH YOU?

Baba Yaga

Registered Users (C)
I believe that a law exists vide the Immigration Act (1952) in which Aliens 18 and older are REQUIRED by law to carry their Alien Registration Receipt Cards(Is this the Green Card ?) and produce it when asked(by whom I am not clear). Failure to do so is considered a MISDEMEANEOR and can result in a fine of upto $100 / imprisonment for 30 days OR BOTH.
I know that nobody seems to ask you produce your GC, but it does not mean that somebody will not ask. Also ingnorance of the law is not an excuse.
Your comments on this.

Green card

In this times of distress and distrust
I would definately advise you to carry your Green card if you have one
and if not you should atleast carry your EAD or driver license

I would say carry greencard together with your passport when you travel outside the US, other than that...i dont think you need to carry it with you.

Most, if not all, visitors to this thread don't have GC

Why bother posting such a question here? There's another thread "After Green Card" where you'll probably find more useful info on that...

Re: Most, if not all, visitors to this thread don't have GC

Originally posted by Jan485
Why bother posting such a question here? There's another thread "After Green Card" where you'll probably find more useful info on that...
He already did post in the "After Green Card" forum and got no less than 72 replies. You can see for yourself here : http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=50185

As if 72 replies were not enough he had to post this nonsense here again. I don't know what kind of game this guy is playing. Maybe he likes to taunt those who are still waiting for the GC?

Or maybe he just has too much time in his hands...

Forgive him you bigwigs, wiser of all wise

Please, I beg you, you wise people, I know you how you feel standing in this line for years when someone tries to disturb your single minded pursuit.

This gentleman only had a noble intention of sharing what he came across to the wider section of his fellowmen, not realising he is disturbing your Tapasya(meditation).

But let me tell you, I and a gc holder friend were stopped on a highway (at a makeshift roadblock) while visiting tourist attractions in neighbouring state and asked for travel documents. I was not carrying my Passport and my friend his pp and GC. We were let go with a stern warning and asked to carry these all the times.

Please resume your meditation, I am sorry for bothering you. When buying your next set of cloths, make sure you have an extra pocket to carry these. Nothing wrong!! as people expecting baby often buy car seat before the stork arrives.

This is Very Serious

http://www.immigrationportal.com/WebX?128@51.jwr2brXzjlS.45@.efe7372

The original question was posted by Baba Yaga on June 6.
And I had originally replied to him which you all can see at the link posted above.
Yesterday somebody replied to this thread, and his/her reply date was July 8
Today his/her post is missing and my original reply of June 6 is being displayed as a July 8 reply.
Now I am wondering, is it a system fault, or is someone else also using the July16 handle.

Admin?moderator can you please investigate and explain
Thanks in advance