GC Holder Returned from Home Country

pvlaca

Registered Users (C)
As a GC holder (based on asylum approval), I just returned from an overseas trip to Japan and China (China is my home country).

I consulted my lawyer before my trip, and she told me that as a permanent resident, I should not worry about visiting my home country using my passport. She also told me that I could renew my passport. She is usually quite cautious, warning me agains visiting my home country before gaining GC.

I just returned home via LAX on June 10, and I went through the inspection without any problem. The whole exchange took less than 2 minutes, and the officer was extremely nice.

By the way, I read in some post about someone's relatives (GC holders) being returned home by an inspection officer for visiting home country. The story struck me as false. My lawyer told me inspection officer could not even remove asylees. The revoking of one's asylee status requires the consent of the original approval officer. To refuse the entry of GC holders and remove them to their home country sounds totally outlandish and agains the principle of due process.

PVLACA

pvlaca said:
As a GC holder (based on asylum approval), I just returned from an overseas trip to Japan and China (China is my home country).

I consulted my lawyer before my trip, and she told me that as a permanent resident, I should not worry about visiting my home country using my passport. She also told me that I could renew my passport. She is usually quite cautious, warning me agains visiting my home country before gaining GC.

I just returned home via LAX on June 10, and I went through the inspection without any problem. The whole exchange took less than 2 minutes, and the officer was extremely nice.

By the way, I read in some post about someone's relatives (GC holders) being returned home by an inspection officer for visiting home country. The story struck me as false. My lawyer told me inspection officer could not even remove asylees. The revoking of one's asylee status requires the consent of the original approval officer. To refuse the entry of GC holders and remove them to their home country sounds totally outlandish and agains the principle of due process.

PVLACA

Did you indicate on the Customs Form that China was among the countries that you've visited on your trip?

pvlaca said:

PVLACA

PCLACA, I like your experience more and more :) You were probably one of just a few guys (I remember only you and another person) with ND 2006 who were approved within a few months after filing I-485 and now you are travelling to your home country and return back without any problems! That's amazing! :) Do you work for american government or something? :)

MINSK I'm with you on that question. What contacts do you have with the USCIS to get an approval with a ND of 2006 so quickly and to travel even sooner. I can't wait to get my approval so i can fly like a bird.

So any ideas when we will get approvals for us 5/24. I wonder what makes our cases get the same handling dates? What is the similarity? Maybe after we hopefully get approved, we can compare notes.

I guess since last updated was 4/24, 5/24, we should wait for a 6/24? then 7/24 its a never ending story. It;s almost like they should touch the case every 30, 31 days to fulfill some legal requirements....

Ok Pinkie your mind is working overtime- chill out

Pinkie said:
MINSK I'm with you on that question. What contacts do you have with the USCIS to get an approval with a ND of 2006 so quickly and to travel even sooner. I can't wait to get my approval so i can fly like a bird.

So any ideas when we will get approvals for us 5/24. I wonder what makes our cases get the same handling dates? What is the similarity? Maybe after we hopefully get approved, we can compare notes.

I guess since last updated was 4/24, 5/24, we should wait for a 6/24? then 7/24 its a never ending story. It;s almost like they should touch the case every 30, 31 days to fulfill some legal requirements....

Ok Pinkie your mind is working overtime- chill out

The only similarity that I've noticed was our ND and the date of transfer to TSC. They definitely slowed down the processing of asylees for some reason. I hoped to get my GC by the beginning of june :( However I believe that our LUD changes were not just moving our cases from one table to another. After RFI and BIO each of us had 5 LUD so far! It should mean something!

On USCIS website they have the following info which is also not accurate since a lot of ND of 2003 have been approved already. The bottom line - USCIS is a mess :p

The Service is receiving between 25,405– 43,881 applications per year. Consequently, as of April 30, 2006, approximately 112,985 asylee adjustment applications were pending. We anticipate that we will process pending applications according to the following schedule:

Date Received (Mail Date) Timeframe to be Processed
On or before January 1, 2003 - September 30, 2006
June 1, 2003-March 31, 2007 - September 30, 2007
On or after April 1, 2007 - Within 6 months of receipt

We emphasize that these dates are APPROXIMATIONS; unforeseen occurrences may delay processing.

Minsk said:
PCLACA, I like your experience more and more :) You were probably one of just a few guys (I remember only you and another person) with ND 2006 who were approved within a few months after filing I-485 and now you are travelling to your home country and return back without any problems! That's amazing! :) Do you work for american government or something? :)

Minsk, I know that you were probably just joking. But Pvlaca's "uncle" is a powerful guy with the Gestapo of China (aka the Ministry of Public Securtiy). So he arranges for everything for his "nephew." This comes from Pvalaca's own mouth on this board a couple months ago.

As for Jubilee's question, no China is not soft on asylees, just on him because his uncle is such a tyrant feared that he is feared even within the ranks of the Chinese Communist Party.

To answer some of the questions:

1) I was just as surprised that my case was approved so quickly. Before that, I had been considering hiring my lawyer to speed up the case through transfering it to the local office, and then thought against it. As far as I know, I was not the only 2006 approval - see recent post.

2) Entering and coming out of China, the inspection officers just briefly looked at my green card. I saw them just glance at it to make sure that my face and the picture on the GC and basic information (name, birthdate) match.

3) On the custom form, I don't think it asks you where you were coming from. It probably asked your fight number, which I duely filled out.

4) Comcast: you need to chill out. This is not a forum for ideologies and personal attacks. I don't think you are worthy of my time and attention so I won't spend time attacking you. I was sharing my experiences with fellow forum members since I benefited trememdously through reading others' posts.

pvlaca, I agree with you, Comcast is a really Son Of Bitch!

Might be in his family,female were raped and male were killed

by Chimese goverment, that's why he/She hite China so much! :D

pvlaca said:
To refuse the entry of GC holders and remove them to their home country sounds totally outlandish and agains the principle of due process.

PVLACA

I agree with your assessment that in America we have something called due process and that the story you referred to is not credible.

Since you brough up due process and in light of the contents of other posts in the thread, I must say that in your beloved China people everyday get killed, raped, beaten, abused by the Communists Party without any due process.

pvlaca said:
To answer some of the questions:

1) I was just as surprised that my case was approved so quickly. Before that, I had been considering hiring my lawyer to speed up the case through transfering it to the local office, and then thought against it. As far as I know, I was not the only 2006 approval - see recent post.

2) Entering and coming out of China, the inspection officers just briefly looked at my green card. I saw them just glance at it to make sure that my face and the picture on the GC and basic information (name, birthdate) match.

3) On the custom form, I don't think it asks you where you were coming from. It probably asked your fight number, which I duely filled out.

4) Comcast: you need to chill out. This is not a forum for ideologies and personal attacks. I don't think you are worthy of my time and attention so I won't spend time attacking you. I was sharing my experiences with fellow forum members since I benefited trememdously through reading others' posts.

Did you use your National Passport or RTD? From my experience the first thing that any officer asks at the point of entry is which country the person has visited during the trip. Another question they always ask is where the person is from originally. I travelled a few times outside U.S. and every single time I've got the same questions.You might have been lucky to have a good officer in front of you. One son of a bitch from Customs and Boarder Protection in Washington Dullas was trying to prove me that there was no way for me to go back to home country for about 15 minutes even though I was coming back from Mexico. It looked like he wanted me to swear in front of him that I would never do that. As a result I missed my flight :mad: I just can't imagine what would happen if I told him that I was coming from the country of origin :rolleyes:

Did you use your National Passport or RTD? From my experience the first thing that any officer asks at the point of entry is which country the person has visited during the trip. Another question they always ask is where the person is from originally. I travelled a few times outside U.S. and every single time I've got the same questions.You might have been lucky to have a good officer in front of you. One son of a bitch from Customs and Boarder Protection in Washington Dullas was trying to prove me that there was no way for me to go back to home country for about 15 minutes even though I was coming back from Mexico. It looked like he wanted me to swear in front of him that I would never do that. As a result I missed my flight I just can't imagine what would happen if I told him that I was coming from the country of origin

This kind of questions happens expecially if you are travelling with an RTD.. I believe with a greencard the officers are more lax

Have you ever renewed your NP?

pvlaca said:
I used my national passport.

PVLACA

I appreciate you share your experience with us. I've got two questions to ask:
1. Are you the principal, the spouse of principal, or a child of principal?
2. Have you ever renewed your NP? If yes, did you leave a copy of your EAD(categorized as AS0X) to the Chinese consulate?

Thank you very much in advance for your reply!

Hope