GC Holder(Indian National) needs Scnengan Business Visa

TPK

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I am a GC holder(Indian National) and need to travel to Europe(Germany) for the next 10 to 12 months. Some stays may be as long as 2.5 months contineously. To cut costs company is arranging for corporate apartment in Germany. is there anybody out there with similar experience.

I am concerned regarding the duration of 10 to 12 months. Do they have a different procedure for a stay that long ? Their website has fee information for visas for as long as 90 days. I am also going to have my spouse with me.

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

TPK

TPK,

Why don't you ask German Consulate and share your experience here. Also, please do not forget to file Re-Entry Permit before you leave US.

My company plans on doing that...

The plan for the US team on this project is to work two full weeks including a Sat in Germany and work one week back in the US. The cycle will repeat for the next 10 months.
My schedule will have me back home atleast once a month for week. I don't think I need reentry permit.

Please let me know if you feel otherwise.

Many Thanks

Regards

TPK

My experience

Avalon said:
TPK,

Why don't you ask German Consulate and share your experience here. Also, please do not forget to file Re-Entry Permit before you leave US.

I got my schengen business visa. It is valid for 90 days to be used anytime for the next one year. I have to reapply once I use up my 90 days. Go figure.. So much for german efficiency..Like A US GC holder is going to make a beeline to Europe....Sorry blowing a bit of steam here..

Here is what I submitted:

1. Notorized copy of my application form. (Notorization not required if you go in person)
2. Two photos
3. Employement letter from my US Office
4. Letter from our German office requesting my presense for Business modelling sessions
5. Fees in cash
6.Itinerary
7.health Insurance cards + copy
8. GC + copy
9. Passport + copy
10. Notarized affidavit (from their website)

I think the two most imp documents are you GC + copy and Health Insurance cards + copy. They will return all originals but keep copies. Of course they will keep the passport for a day as well.

Also, they follow their regions fairly stritly. If you live in CA you can apply only in SFO etc.

TPK