GC holder applying for visitor visa for fiance to get married in USA

Desi4ever

Registered Users (C)
Hello Gurus,

I got my GC 4 months ago and my fiance is a Singapore PR and is a software engineer with 5 years experience. We want to get married in the US.

1. Can she come on a tourist visa ( B visa ) for the purpose of getting married to me ? Has anyone ever done this ? What are the chances of getting the visa ?

2. I'm aware of the I130 nightmares and so would go for H1 or F1 route. For getting H1 I see so many desi consultants advertising "Pay us $3500 and we will process your H1". Since my first priority is to ensure she comes to the US do you guys think its safest/assured method ?

3. Do you guys have any other suggestions on which visa she can enter the US ?

Thanks and Regards
Desi4ever

Desi4ever said:
Can she come on a tourist visa ( B visa ) for the purpose of getting married to me ? Has anyone ever done this ? What are the chances of getting the visa ?

Low, if the consular officer finds out.

For getting H1 I see so many desi consultants advertising "Pay us $3500 and we will process your H1". Since my first priority is to ensure she comes to the US do you guys think its safest/assured method ?

You need to consider what happens *after* she comes to the US. I've read enough from folks here to suggest that the many of various Indian body-shoppers may not be the best way to go. Find a legitimate company to sponsor a legitimate H - start with the job, and let the visa flow from that.

Followup question

I am a green card holder. Is there any issue if my spouse enters the US on a tourist visa. Is it ok that she tells the immigration officer that she is here to visit her spouse (that is me) and request the officer for a stay of 4-6 months. Is there any issue with that.

regards
rahul