GC from Charleston, SC

PP stamped on 9th of July

PP was stamped on the 9th of July at Charleston, SC.

I guess its taking 16 days on an average to get actual card from PP stamp date. Should it be any different if PP stamp is done from Charleston, SC?

Guys, I am planning to go to Charleston for my stamping.

Please share the following info:
1. When is the best time to go there? how long is the wait?
2. The address mentioned is 170 Meeting Street, Fifth Floor, Charleston, SC. Is this the correct address. I know atleast for Charlotte NC center they mention one address but the actual place is at a different address.
3. I got the driving directions from the USCIS website but I saw that they have no parking facilities. Any recommendations on nearby parking facilites?

thanks.

Yes, Address is correct and they have lot of parking space (PAID PARKING) in the Ground Floor of the Same Building.... Its a BIG building.
You dont see lot of people (when i went there around 10 people were there) and for me it took 45 minutes only.

It took me two hours to get the PP done.

I went around 12:30 p.m. I was 15th in line but there was only one lady assisting everybody. My turn came at 2:30pm and I done in 5 minutes.

When you get in, take a number and wait for your turn. No form to pre-fill. The lady will take your fingerprints and signature on a certain form. Dont forget to bring your photos and try to have the shadow minimum in the photo. I got my photo through AAA - they said they are used to requests for such pictures.

Also take along your EAD and AP if applicable (I know this is not mentioned in most/any letters but the lady will ask you for it).

Office closes at 2:00 p.m. Dont forget to get in before 2:00 p.m.
Lots of Paid Parking options are available in that area.

any updates guys!

Has anyone of you guys, who had PP stamped at Charleston, SC, experienced any activity recently ?

ashagarwal? che1971us ? Srirangam ? anyone else !

I have been waiting since July 9th but it seems like people from May havent gotten their plastic cards yet !

No, i did not received my Card (i had stamping on May 28th)and i called National Service Center to complaint about this on June 28th, still no news from CIS...

Card Ordered Finally after 2 Months of Stamping

Today i got an eMail from CIS saying "On July 30, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

I had my passport stamping on May 28th at Charleston, SC and after 2 months they Ordered a Card. But i did not get any eMail about my Wife's Card, we both went to Charleston on May 28th.

congratulations !

soon you should have the physical card in your hands. I hope your wife gets hers too very soon.

Congrats again!

Card Mailed

I just got an eMail about my Card from CIS:

On August 3, 2004, the card order was completed and we mailed the
applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed and you
have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your
address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service
Center at (800) 375-5283.

ND Date : Mar 19 2002
FP Date : April 2003
485 Approved : May 18 2004
PP Stamp Date: May 28 2004 (Charleston, SC)
Card Ordered : July 30 2004
Card Mailed : Aug 03 2004

Tibz,

I have an unrelated question for you. Your timeline shows that your FP was taken on 09/18/03 and it was received by USCIS only on 10/22/04 -- I guess it should be 10/22/03? In any case, how did you find out the FP-recd-by-USCIS date? Did you do FP in a Appln Supp Ctr or some local law enforcement agency where you live?

Thanks.

tibz
congratulations !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

soon you should have the physical card in your hands. I hope your wife gets hers too very soon.

Congrats again!
FP: 09/18/03, FP received by USCIS 10/22/04.
AD: 06/25/04
PP Stamp: 9th July 2004 (Charleston, SC)
EB3 / Texas Center
No RFEs (Changed my employer and did not inform INS).
------------------------------------

typo: but you have already guessed it!

budboy,

you are right - FP received by USCIS is 2003 (not 2004)
( FP: 09/18/03, FP received by USCIS 10/22/03 )

After the USCIS received the FP, the online message changed. thats how I know that USCIS actually received the FP (I did not call any USCIS number to find that data).

hope that answers your question.

I am still waitin for the actual card.

Hi Guys,

I stamped my passport on 07/23 and got my card on 08/23. Exactly 1 month. The message changed to Card ordered only today 8/24 after the card is already in my hand. :)

Tibz, Budboy - Did you guys get your cards.

che1971us, did you receive your wife's card? Any idea why only you got the card and you wife didn't even though you guys stamed on the same day ?

Thanks.

Congrats Srirangam

I am still waiting for my physical GC.

Its been 60 days since my AOS got approved but I havent received the actual GC. I called a rep today and he sent a request to the texas center - said somebody from the center would contact me within the next 3 to 4 weeks. I am hoping I will get my GC before the call from the center.

BTW Srirangam Can you confirm that you actually got your PP stamp from the Charleston, SC office? It took che1971us over 2 months to get the physical card after the PP stamp.

Tibz, yes I got my passport stamped at Charleston, SC only. Infact I followed the tips you and che1971us gave me on 7/20. I went on 7/23 Friday morning at 7.30 itself. I was 2nd person in line and got my chance at 7:50 . Only one lady at counter. She called out if any one had any appointment and since no one had, called everyone by token order. I was out by 8. She said card will be mailed anywhere from 30 days to an year. It so happend it came in 30 days. :)

Good luck to you to get your card soon.

To be really honest I realy don't understand how this physical card generation works. In the plastic card tracker I see some guys getting it in 4 days, some not getting even after 4 months. ?

And che1971us's case where he got the card but his wife did not, even though they stamped on the same day and it is basically related applications.!!!! :confused:

"...ordered you a new card"

The online message just changed to...

"On August 27, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

This message was updated today August 30, 2004 and two emails were sent today August 30, 2004.

we mailed the applicant's new card...

ONLINE MESSAGE CHANGED TO
"On August 31, 2004, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her......"