GC for Physical therapist

nilu2079

Registered Users (C)
What is the process for applying GC for physical therapist? How much time does it take to get schedule A labor approval from NY?

Are you on a H1B visa? If no, get on H1B first, then start the process of filing I140/485. As a schedule A occupation, we don't need to file a labour certificate. This is a big advantage as it will save you more than 2 years of processing time. I got my permanent residency in less than 10 months. You need to get a visa screen certificate though before they will approve I485. It is a credentialing thing that check your education. You can apply it through FCCPT or CGFNS. But FCCPT is much more efficient.

UN,
I guess it doesn't matter to me now but I want to know what this retrogression means. So everyone has a priority date, and if USCIS is not processing up to the priority date application, they cannot accept new I485?
Sorry for my dumbness :p

To chongyip

hi!
In one of ur advices U mentioned that if we find an employer for GC sponsership....we can do so even with a H4...Is it true?

kisner said:
hi!
In one of ur advices U mentioned that if we find an employer for GC sponsership....we can do so even with a H4...Is it true?

You sent me a private mail so I replied you already about this matter. To summarize it, yes, you can apply for GC even you're on H4 because GC is theorectically for future employment. The hardest part is to get an employer who is willing to sponsor GC before you start working for them.