GC for parents of a USC (January 2017) Filers?

trialanderror83

Registered Users (C)
Any threads for January 2017 parents of USC? Mine is processing at the MSC with a priority date 0f 01-04-2017

NOA1 received 01-18-2017.
Biometrics completed 02-14-2017 (Tampa)
Waiting....

Last edited:
Hi!
Still nothing....

PD is Jan 04, 2o17. I have raised two SR with the same BS " The SR was completed." I see ppl on here getting their EAD approved with PD's of 04/18/2017. My folks are 69, and 72 years old and Canadian. What exactly could be the issues??

USCIS updated their processing times for the NBC. Now processing EAD's PD of 12/06. Really, they were processing apps with the PD for 11/29 as of 01/29/2017. So they have made 8 days of progress in 3 months??....

Last edited:
I filed for my parents (in NJ) in Jan 2017. Finger prints were done in Feb 2017. Current status says, "As of April 10, 2017, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXXXXX, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

How long do you think we need to wait until we can inquire about any status update?

Where can I check the processing time?

I filed for my mother (in FL/OH) in May 2017.

I-130, I-485 Forms sent: 2 May 2017
USCIS received: 4 May 2017

I filed for my parents (in NJ) in Jan 2017. Finger prints were done in Feb 2017. Current status says, "As of April 10, 2017, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXXXXX, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

How long do you think we need to wait until we can inquire about any status update?

My parents app for I-485 still says that the fingerprint fee was received. I am hoping for an interview waiver.

What is the status of your I-130? Theirs it at the MSC..

My parents app for I-485 still says that the fingerprint fee was received. I am hoping for an interview waiver.

What is the status of your I-130? Theirs it at the MSC..

No updates on I-130. All it states is that they have received my application for I-130 and have mailed me a receipt. Please follow instructions as listed in the receipt.

I filed concurrent for my Mother May 16th, still check not cashed or no ack. Getting worried.

My mom's 6 month visa expires on 28 July 2017. Her finger prints will be done soon. Do I need to file for an visa extension or I can just wait?

Update -

Last week, I scheduled an appointment and visited Newark, NJ with my dad. As per them they have still not received my parents file and hence cannot do anything. Upon asking them, what should we do in this case, the immigration officer suggested me to call up customer service or do a written correspondence. When I asked for any contact address or atleast a title of the person whom this should be addressed, she said she has no address. Basically, just keep writing plain letters to PO Box address and expect to hear back. Go Figure.

This is getting really frustrating.

Hi, guys, I've been waiting for 4 months for my green card. I immigrated in May 17 and paid for green card online before traveling. When I search for status using my receipt number, response is "On May 9, 2016, we approved your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number ********. We will mail your approval notice." This is a date from last year when petition was received, not when immigration visa was granted. I have called USCIS for status but was told, May 2016 is the last entry they have on my case. I'm not sure what to do. Please advise because this is freaking me out.

Hi, guys, I've been waiting for 4 months for my green card. I immigrated in May 17 and paid for green card online before traveling. When I search for status using my receipt number, response is "On May 9, 2016, we approved your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number ********. We will mail your approval notice." This is a date from last year when petition was received, not when immigration visa was granted. I have called USCIS for status but was told, May 2016 is the last entry they have on my case. I'm not sure what to do. Please advise because this is freaking me out.

Green Cards are taking a lot time to be delivered even up to 6 months. Try calling back USCIS for updates or do a INFOPASS