GC for Parents: No news from I-130 for 6 months

lematt

Hi,
USCIS has received the I-130 for both of my parents on 8/15 and since then, my status has remained as "Case Was Received". I wasn't expecting 6 months of delay without any news... is this normal? I can't check for processing times for GC asks for Parents, there's just siblings and spouses. Does anybody know what kind of delay I should expect before hearing about the next steps? Is there anything I can do? (call USCIS?)
The USCIS Office is the Texas Service center.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Matt

Hi,
USCIS has received the I-130 for both of my parents on 8/15 and since then, my status has remained as "Case Was Received". I wasn't expecting 6 months of delay without any news... is this normal? I can't check for processing times for GC asks for Parents, there's just siblings and spouses. Does anybody know what kind of delay I should expect before hearing about the next steps? Is there anything I can do? (call USCIS?)
The USCIS Office is the Texas Service center.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Matt

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

6.5-8.5 months at TSC for i130 for parent

Just wanted to give an update! I received the I-797 for one of my parents today! After 7.5 months sending the I-130. If I understand well, the next step is to wait for the NVC to send the DS-261 and then apply with all of the required documents? (Nothing to do at this point)
Thank you!

You should receive the second i797 some time following the first. Those were two separate petitions, therefore expect some lag between the two. Yes, wait for NVC to contact you with further details.