GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Guys,
For my parents case. onlie stuts for 485/130 is showing that there case moved to CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER
what does this mean??. there figner priniting is alreday done and they got EAD/AP??

-this mean will they get there Green card without interview??? need some guidence??

thanks

DO office (CherriHill)
package recv date chicago P-o-BOC 130/148 23sep
FP Done 25 OCT
EAD/AP 15 Nov.
Case move to CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER

My parents are in the same situation but one month later than yours. Their cases were transfered to CA last week. I would like to know the same thing.

Confused with the submision of documents to VFS

Hi All,
My Mother has a interview at chennai embassy,
1. During the submission of ds 230 form to NVC we filled in Spouse Information as N/A as my dad had expired.In Chennai embassy site they say not to write N/A.What should I do.Does my mom has to fill the information regarding my dad and write as Deceased in Paranthesis .
2.Do I require to submit I 864 form again at VFS
3.My Mom does not have Marriage certificate and cannot get it as my dad is no more,after browsing the entire forums and did not get any info.Please advice me regarding these questions.I would really appreciate if someone could clarify my doubts

Thanks All
Hydmom

Need Help with applying for GC for Mom

Hi,
My mom has a multiple entry visa until 12/2009 and is now on visit to the U.S. from Sep 11, 2007 until March 9, 2008. I want to start her GC process. Since she already has a multiple entry visa, do I need to send another I-130? Please let me know what forms I need to fill and send and all supporting documents required for Adjustment of Status. Also, I have a copy of an affidavit that was from my grandparents for her confirmation of date of birth, but it was done in September of 2000. Is that still valid or will I need a new affidavit? In addition I have my Indian birth certificate for proof of relationship, my Naturalization certitificate, etc. Also, does she need to go to a specific physician for her medical exam and if so am I responsible for the charges for her medical exam?
Thank you.

Please see the answers

Hello I130 gurus,

I am getting ready to file for my mother I-130 using CP.

I have read extensively all the posts about the whole process but would really appreciate if somebody can answer these questions for me. I do not want to mess it up for my mother as she has already been denied visitor visa twice for reasons best known to US embassy in delhi.

Visitor visa has high discretion component (mainly immigrant intent) on the part of consular officer. That is not the case with immigrant visa. For a valid application with proper documentation, officer cannot deny it.

1. My birth certificate does not have my name or mother's name on it. It just has my date of birth , time and father's name.

Q - Do I send notarized transltation of the above birth certificate along with 2 affidavits from immediate relatives (paternal uncle and aunt) as per I-130 guidlines
Yes. Essentially you would have done the same at the time of your GC. However, this time you cannot use an afidavit from your Mother who is the beneficiary of this I130.

Q-Is above enough or do I need to send some additional documents
It is enough. Additional documents not required.

Q- I do not have original copy of my birth certifate- I believe i submitted it to my lawyer while doing my green card. I have photo copy. Would I need original down the line ?
I am not sure whether it will be required. Although I (and some others in the forum) sent my original BC to my parents prior to their inetrview at the consulate just in case. Maybe someone had advised that it was good to do that. In any case, you can always get a BC issued again from Municipal office.

Q- My mother does not have birth certificate. Is it required ? I do not see it as required document on I-130 form? WOuld it be required later on?
Yes, it will be required at the time of consular interview.

Any response on these questions is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

HydMom,

Question for you .. I have filed for Immigrant visa for my mother thru CP in Chennai. My mom's I-130 got approved on 12/12/07. I am still waiting to hear from NVC. Do you know how long does it take?

Thanks,

My parents are currently in the process of GC application through my mom's employment. And the applications are both stuck at name checking. It has been for years. We have tried writing/calling ins, congressman and senate and were told nothing can be done.

I got my citizenship in 2007. I am thinking of sponsoring my parents' GC application in order to work round the NC. The question is: whether the relative-based GC application will go through the same NC step as that of the employment-based ones. Browsing through the posts of this forum, I didn't find the definite answer.

Can anyone share your insight on this thing ? Should I go ahead to do it or should I avoid wasting money and possibly further complicate the issue ?

My Parents have visited me in the U.S several times in the past. Their last 5-year multiple entry visit visa expired about two years ago. When they applied for the visa again, my mom got the 5 year visa again but my dad was instructed to wait until his name goes thru the name check process. It has been two years now. My mom won't travel alone and obviosuly, she only has three years on her visit visa left now. The funny thing is my dad is 70+ and has visited U.S at least 4 times.

Anyway, I became a USC in August 2007 and I would like apply for my parents' GC now. Here are my questions:

- Does my mom's visit visa become invalid as soon as I apply for her GC?
- Does my dad's NC process (on the visit visa) stop automagically as soon as I apply for his GC?
- Will the family based GC process for my parents go thru the same Name Check process?

Thanks for the help.

How long does it take NVC to assign the case number? It's more than a month since the I-130 got approved.

Thanks,

Happy New Year to everyone!

I would like to have your expert opinion on my parents' immigration case based on CP. I (a natualized US citizen) submitted I-130 on December 3rd, 2007, and so far no receipt from USCIS was received by me, and the checks I wrote were not cashed either. I wonder if any petitioner who submitted the I-130 for his/her parents got any letter from USCIS. Also, since I already started their immigration application, does this mean that my parents can't apply for non-immigrant visas at US consulate any more?
Thank you,

Does anybody know how long does it take NVC to assign the case number? It's more than a month since the I-130 got approved. I am doing CP at chennai for my mom.

RD 7/6/07
I-130 Approval 12/12/07

Thanks,

roseram,

RD 7/6/07
ND 7/6/07
AD 12/12/07

Do you know hoe long will it take for NVC to assign a case number?

Thanks,.

can some body explain me (what is I-131 is for).My parents have GC. they want to stay more then 6month out if US.

-what is the time limit to stay out of US for GC holders.
-If they need to stay more than 6 month.what shouled we do

roseram,

RD 7/6/07
ND 7/6/07
AD 12/12/07

Do you know hoe long will it take for NVC to assign a case number?

Thanks,.

It can be 2-4 weeks. Sometimes after assigning case # it can be a week before they send out the letter to you. You can call the NVC # (which is on their website) and based on I130 receipt #, you can try to find out whether NVC has assigned case number. Good luck.

I-130 Reciept date

Hi all,
I heard the current approval time for I-130 at VSC is 6 months approx.
This 6 months period is from the day they have recieved the application or the reciept date? For ex: currently data entry for all the I-130s is held at Chicago Lockbox.
I have submitted the I-130 on OCT-2007, the return reciept of my mail(USPS) states that VSC recieved the application on OCT 5th but data entry is done at Chicago Lockbox for the same on Jan 10 th 2008 and that is the reciept day.
Do I need to calculate 6 months from Jan 10 th ie Recipt date or OCT 5 th 07?
Thank you
Roseram

Pleas help me, I read the following in this thread
For AOS or CP, I-130 is the common form.

1. Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Petition for Alien Relative (if you are filing for both parents, you must file a separate petition for each parent)
2. Filing Fee - $190.00 (Don't forget to check the USCIS for the latest)
3. A copy of petitioner's birth certificate showing your name and parent's name
4. If your name or your parent's name is different now than at the time of your birth, you must provide evidence of the legal name change.
5. A copy of your parents’ civil marriage certificate (for father's application)
6. If you were not born in the United States, a copy of either your Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship or your U.S. passport
ABOUT 4. IF MY DAUGHTER'S NAME CHANGED AFTER MARRIAGE, SHOULD SHE ADD HER MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE, THERE IS NO EVIDENCE OF LEGAL NAME CHANGE OTHER THAN THAT AND HER GREEN CARD AND HER NATURALIZATION CERTIFICATE OR MAYBE HER SOCIAL SECURITY? PLEASE HELP. Thanks. Victoria

I-130 timeline

Hi all,
I have submitted I-130 for my parents in OCT-2007.
I have just recieved the NOA today ie JAN14th 08 which says the notice day as JAN09-08.
The current processing time for I-130 for parents of USC are appoximately 6 months, so how should I calculate the processing time for my applications, 6months from OCT-07 or JAN-08?
Please inform me. Thanks in advance
Thank you all
Roseram

Does anyone know how soon after getting GC in India do parents have to come to the US

Does anyone know how soon after getting GC in India do parents have to come to the US?

I-130 for parents

HI all
Is the notice date or the application recieved date is the priority date?

Thank you
Roseram