GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Question on DS-230 Part I, item 20

Item 20 says "List below all places you have live for at least six months since reaching the age of 16 ..."

There were about 4 years (between 1964 and 1968) that my parents had moved here and there, each place they stayed was less than 6 months. According to the statement, it seems that they don't need to put this 4 years on the form. But then there will be a gap on the form. Is this OK?

Thanks.

backues said:
Item 20 says "List below all places you have live for at least six months since reaching the age of 16 ..."

There were about 4 years (between 1964 and 1968) that my parents had moved here and there, each place they stayed was less than 6 months. According to the statement, it seems that they don't need to put this 4 years on the form. But then there will be a gap on the form. Is this OK?

Thanks.

Yes, it should be fine. In case of any question, they will be able to answer that at the interview. If you choose, you can enter a couple of places that they stayed the maximum (~5 months) during that period with the exact dates to give some idea to the reviewer of the form.

Thanks for your help.

visaapplicant said:
Yes, it should be fine. In case of any question, they will be able to answer that at the interview. If you choose, you can enter a couple of places that they stayed the maximum (~5 months) during that period with the exact dates to give some idea to the reviewer of the form.

backues said:
I am sponsoring both of my parents but different I-130 applications. So on part 3, item 9, do I have to put either my mom or dad's name there?

The form says that "Do not include any relative listed on a separeate visa petition", does this mean I don't have to put either mom or dad here?

Thank you very much.
i assume you are talking about I-864 form?

now, there is a new 864EZ for I-130 cases, you might have to use that form instead of I-864.
the 864EZ is simpler and not as confusing as 864.

that's just my understanding.

anyone knows more about it, please correct me!

cakid said:

now, there is a new 864EZ for I-130 cases, you might have to use that form instead of I-864.

It's not the I-864, but DS-230 that's being discussed.

cakid said:

You're right, if he is the one sponsoring the parents (filling out I-864), and using only his/her income for that (no joint sponsor).

Anahit said:
Jen,

It is I-864. :)

Oops... I thought cakid's response was for backues question "List below all places you have lived for at least six months since reaching the age of 16 ..."

My bad.. sorry about the confusion. :eek:

Anahit said:
You're right, if he is the one sponsoring the parents (filling out I-864), and using only his/her income for that (no joint sponsor).

thanks, Anahit. you actually clear up some my doubts too. right now i'm sponsoring both my parents who are now in the US for their GC, through AOS.

i decided to use 864EZ, my answer to those three questions are all "yes".

the three conditions to use 864EZ are:
1). petition for family member. yes.
2) use my own income. yes.
3) the sponsored immigrant is the only person immigrating based on the visa
petion. yes. (since father and mother need seperate I-130, 864, etc.)

item 3 is a little confusing.

are I right using 864EZ?

one more question: the forms 864 and 864EZ i downloaded from USCIS all expires on 9/30/06, and i do not see any newer version yet, can we still use that?

thanks very much !

cakid said:
thanks, Anahit. you actually clear up some my doubts too. right now i'm sponsoring both my parents who are now in the US for their GC, through AOS.

i decided to use 864EZ, my answer to those three questions are all "yes".

the three conditions to use 864EZ are:
1). petition for family member. yes.
2) use my own income. yes.
3) the sponsored immigrant is the only person immigrating based on the visa
petion. yes. (since father and mother need seperate I-130, 864, etc.)

item 3 is a little confusing.

are I right using 864EZ?

one more question: the forms 864 and 864EZ i downloaded from USCIS all expires on 9/30/06, and i do not see any newer version yet, can we still use that?

thanks very much !
Like I said before answering the post you were referring to: in parents' cases there are no following family members immigrating with the parent. So, the parent is the only person immigrating based on the visa petition. That is why I didn't mention that condition: it is an automatic "yes" for parents' cases. Which means you can fill out I-864EZ form (one for each parent).
To answer your second question, if you look here: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD, it gives you a little more time:
"Edition Date :
1/15/06. 11/05/01, 9/26/00, 1/21/98 also acceptable through 10/19/06."
But, that date has expired as well. So, I guess as long as we don't have a newer version, the last one could be used.
Good luck with the process!

Anahit said:
Like I said before answering the post you were referring to: in parents' cases there are no following family members immigrating with the parent. So, the parent is the only person immigrating based on the visa petition. That is why I didn't mention that condition: it is an automatic "yes" for parents' cases. Which means you can fill out I-864EZ form (one for each parent).
To answer your second question, if you look here: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD, it gives you a little more time:
"Edition Date :
1/15/06. 11/05/01, 9/26/00, 1/21/98 also acceptable through 10/19/06."
But, that date has expired as well. So, I guess as long as we don't have a newer version, the last one could be used.
Good luck with the process!

thanks a lot for your quick reply. :)
and good luck on your dad's case !

Quick question about status messages

I would really appreciate it if people could post whether they received an email when their card was MAILED (not ordered)? I have been on this site and VisaJourney and it seems like some people get the ordered email and then the card comes in a few days.. I thought you had to wait for another email that said it had been sent then afterwards you got the card.. sorry for the rambling. My mom needs to travel out of the country and really needs her GC.

Thank you.

elpyaya said:
I would really appreciate it if people could post whether they received an email when their card was MAILED (not ordered)? I have been on this site and VisaJourney and it seems like some people get the ordered email and then the card comes in a few days.. I thought you had to wait for another email that said it had been sent then afterwards you got the card.. sorry for the rambling. My mom needs to travel out of the country and really needs her GC.

Thank you.

Haven't heard of anyone getting a card was mailed, email -only when it's ordered. Usually one can expect to receive the GC within 10 days of the "ordered" email.

I-131 processing date for AOS parent

I have a question about I-131 processing date. I sent I-130/485/131 to Chicago Lockbox on 8/24/06. I-130 and I-485 were transferred to CSC on 10/2/06. I haven't got any update on I-131 yet.

I wonder who's going to process my parent's I-131? My local office or Chicago local office or California Service Center? My dad needs to go back to his country by the end of this year but we have no idea when he can get his re-entry permit. Does anyone has any idea? Any information will be sincerely appreciated.

maoliz

HI All

I did receive Immigrant Visa Fee bill On Thurday and the phone message at NVC says that your IV fee bill was entered on October 30th etc... However, I have nto yet received the Affidavit of support form. I thought they sent Affidavit of support form first. Also, the NVC message does not say anythign about the affidavit of support.
Also, for Affidavit of support, which form are we supposed to use? Is it I864 or I864EZ? Do we have to use the form NVC send us or can use our own downloaded form?

Appreciate you help.

Thanks
Dip123

dip123 said:
HI All

I did receive Immigrant Visa Fee bill On Thurday and the phone message at NVC says that your IV fee bill was entered on October 30th etc... However, I have nto yet received the Affidavit of support form. I thought they sent Affidavit of support form first. Also, the NVC message does not say anythign about the affidavit of support.
Also, for Affidavit of support, which form are we supposed to use? Is it I864 or I864EZ? Do we have to use the form NVC send us or can use our own downloaded form?

Appreciate you help.

Thanks
Dip123

about I864EZ, you can take a look at my earlier post, also Anahit's reply.
i hope that will help.
sorry, i tried but can not copy and paste that post to here.
i had the similar question too.
good luck on your case.