GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Info-Pass help.

Can someone tell me how can I ask for info on my parent case during an Info-Pass if my parent can not be there in person? Question like about the name check etc. Last time I went there, they required for my parent to be there. My parent can not travel for the time being.

Thanks in advance. :cool:

Durres Special said:
Can someone tell me how can I ask for info on my parent case during an Info-Pass if my parent can not be there in person? Question like about the name check etc. Last time I went there, they required for my parent to be there. My parent can not travel for the time being.

Thanks in advance. :cool:
Don't waste your time! They won't tell you anything without your parent being present. Try calling the 800 number. It would be better if you can get an immigration officer on the line. Your parent should give you permission to talk about his/her case during the conversation. If he/she can't be next to you at that moment, you can three-way to get your parent on the phone, so he/she could give the permission.

Regarding Date of CP Interview for Parents

Hello Jenimmi:

Quick question. My parents CP case has been transferred to the Chennai Consulate. When did you know about the interview data, a month before, and do they send Packet 4 to the Petitioner or the Applicant?

Thanks a Lot.

Murthy

mkrishnarevera said:
Hello Jenimmi:

Quick question. My parents CP case has been transferred to the Chennai Consulate. When did you know about the interview data, a month before, and do they send Packet 4 to the Petitioner or the Applicant?

Thanks a Lot.

Murthy

Congrats, that seems to have happened pretty quickly in ur parents case..

For Chennai cases, the interview packet will be sent to the applicant and not the sponsor. The last notification that the sponsor receives is the Case transfer letter.

Chennai consulate posts the case # and interview schedules around the 10th of every month for the next month. For example, interviews appointments for Nov are posted in October.

In our case, we got the interview letter approx after 20 days and the interview scheduled approx after 2 months, from the case transfer date.

Question on G-325A biographic information

Hi friends,

I am applying for Green Card for my mother. Along with beneficiary(mother) G-325A, do I need fill another G-325A with my details. Please advice.

Thanks a lot
gragi

Need some info

I am a naturalized us citizen. My mom is initially applying for a visitor visa (6 months) this month. Once she comes here (Atlanta, GA) can I apply for GC via AOS method. In other words can I sponsor parent who is here on a visitor visa.
If it is ok to sponsor and if the process takes more than 6 months, should she be leaving the country or is there something like Advance Parole type of thing. Kindly let me know.

Subbu

ItsTough said:
Can someone tell me how long it will take for parents to get a green card from start to finish?

What are the typical bottlenecks? I have read few cases getting approved within 30 - 50 days. Is this normal?

Is there any tracker system over here?

Thanks for your help.

Like I said before...one of the delays of CP processing is the way the NVC sends the forms to the "agent"...one by one...its very slow.
First they send the form to chose your parents "agent"...which I AM since i filed the forms. Then the Fee form...then the affidavit. Then the form DS-230...which asks questions like the places your parents live since age 16....
Anyways...if you do CP download the DS-230 form now...filled it out or have the info ready so you can file it faster when you receive the letter from the NVC. Have your parents sign the forms...maybe blank ones since you are the agent and you can help them fill it out.
Read the affidavit form ahead of time.. watch out...you have to file exactly the form the NVC sends, not downloaded on. Also....EVERY single piece of paper....absolutely ALL of them....place your parents case number on the top right corner.
If you file for both parents...there are separate applications but include a copy of the other parent's application. Again sign every paper with the case number for that parent.
I'll give more tips on the interview at the consulate pretty soon.

IRS Transcript of joint tax return

The CIS requested my 2005 tax return for my father's case (I am his sponsor). I decided to get the IRS tax transcript this time (always sent the copies of my records) to be more oficial.
The problem is that we file jointly with my husband, and, it looks like the transcript does not show separate incomes, only the combined income. Does that mean that I can't use the transcript?

needurhelp said:
You can use the transcripts. Since they were filed jointly, you have to include your W2 along with the transcripts. At least this is what I did.

Ditto, Anahit.

needurhelp said:
You can use the transcripts. Since they were filed jointly, you have to include your W2 along with the transcripts. At least this is what I did.
Thanks. I'll do that. Just in case, I will also include my last check stub.
They sent my father an FP date (his fingerprints expired), asked for my 2005 tax return, and a proof of my citizenship. I guess, someone is working on his case. :)
Needurhelp, I asked you a while ago to update your chart for my mother, who got her GC approved on June, 2006. Btw, she never had a name check problem, they were just holding her case up because of my father's name check issue. :rolleyes:
However, I think now you can wait to update my mother's line with my father's, since I am positive, once I send the papers, and he gets his FP done, he'll be approved, as well. ;)

Thanks again!

I-864

I am sponsoring both of my parents but different I-130 applications. So on part 3, item 9, do I have to put either my mom or dad's name there?

The form says that "Do not include any relative listed on a separeate visa petition", does this mean I don't have to put either mom or dad here?

Thank you very much.

backues said:
I am sponsoring both of my parents but different I-130 applications. So on part 3, item 9, do I have to put either my mom or dad's name there?

The form says that "Do not include any relative listed on a separeate visa petition", does this mean I don't have to put either mom or dad here?

Thank you very much.
You have no other choice but to sponsor your parents separately, thus they have separate visa petitions.
The answer to part 3 item 9 would always be "N/A", since you can't have any following family members in parents' cases.

visaapplicant said:
Anahit,

Good to know that they are working on your Dad's case. Hopefully it will be approved soon.
Visaapplicant, Jen,

Thank you for your support! :)

Did you mean put parents case number even on I-864 form too?

machelon said:
Like I said before...one of the delays of CP processing is the way the NVC sends the forms to the "agent"...one by one...its very slow.
First they send the form to chose your parents "agent"...which I AM since i filed the forms. Then the Fee form...then the affidavit. Then the form DS-230...which asks questions like the places your parents live since age 16....
Anyways...if you do CP download the DS-230 form now...filled it out or have the info ready so you can file it faster when you receive the letter from the NVC. Have your parents sign the forms...maybe blank ones since you are the agent and you can help them fill it out.
Read the affidavit form ahead of time.. watch out...you have to file exactly the form the NVC sends, not downloaded on. Also....EVERY single piece of paper....absolutely ALL of them....place your parents case number on the top right corner.
If you file for both parents...there are separate applications but include a copy of the other parent's application. Again sign every paper with the case number for that parent.
I'll give more tips on the interview at the consulate pretty soon.

Anahit said:
Thanks. I'll do that. Just in case, I will also include my last check stub.
They sent my father an FP date (his fingerprints expired), asked for my 2005 tax return, and a proof of my citizenship. I guess, someone is working on his case. :)
Needurhelp, I asked you a while ago to update your chart for my mother, who got her GC approved on June, 2006. Btw, she never had a name check problem, they were just holding her case up because of my father's name check issue. :rolleyes:
However, I think now you can wait to update my mother's line with my father's, since I am positive, once I send the papers, and he gets his FP done, he'll be approved, as well. ;)

Thanks again!

Anahit,

Glad your Dad's case is moving alone. Hope he gets the approval soon. Hopefully I'll see some activity on my Dad's case too.

qq! said:
Anahit,

Glad your Dad's case is moving alone. Hope he gets the approval soon. Hopefully I'll see some activity on my Dad's case too.
Thanks. Hope your dad's case status changes soon, too. :(