GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Affidavits from family members in lieu of missing birth certificate

Hello all

Can someone point me to a template/format for the affidavit from family members in case of a missing birth certificate ? I need it for the I-130 that I will be filing for my parents.

Thanks much
Gurdiya

gurdiya said:
Hello all

Can someone point me to a template/format for the affidavit from family members in case of a missing birth certificate ? I need it for the I-130 that I will be filing for my parents.

Thanks much
Gurdiya

There are specific threads and other information on birth certificate affidavits in this forum. Here is a sample from immihelp.com website

http://www.immihelp.com/immigration/birth-certificate-affidavit.html

In general, the person giving the affidavit should provide his/her full name, date and place of birth, current address. He/she should state how they know the applicant (relationship), provide applicant's date and place of birth, names of both parents. Say something like "this affidavit of birth facts is being offered, as applicant's(name) birth was not recorded.".

I hope that helps.

Thanks Visaapplicant

Thanks a ton, Visaapplicant.
BTW, I did skim through every one of the 45 pages on this thread before posting my question. I guess I should have been more thorough :) .

Thanks again for all your help.
Gurdiya

Last edited by a moderator:
A question for CP

I sent in my father's application on July 5th and my mothers a week later. Today I got an email notice that states my mother's application is approved but nothing happens to my father's application. I called and was told to call back after a month.

Is this common?

Thanks.

backues said:
I sent in my father's application on July 5th and my mothers a week later. Today I got an email notice that states my mother's application is approved but nothing happens to my father's application. I called and was told to call back after a month.

Is this common?

Thanks.

I assume you got the receipt notices for both parents right?
Is not the case that they lost one application?

Then, Yes that is commom. My dad's got approved about 20days later than my mom's by USCIS.
After that...both applications kind of caught up when the Nat Visa Center started processing them.

machelon said:
I assume you got the receipt notices for both parents right?
Is not the case that they lost one application?

Then, Yes that is commom. My dad's got approved about 20days later than my mom's by USCIS.
After that...both applications kind of caught up when the Nat Visa Center started processing them.

Yes, I got both receipt for my parents in August.

Thanks for answering my question.

i'm just wondering if anyone has a sample affidavit for missing birth certificates for parents?? something that they could get another relative to sign to attest their identity.....or if you can point me to where i can find one (maybe on this forum?!)

any help will be really appreciated.
thanks a lot.
please please reply.

visaapplicant said:
It is probably a good thing. In this forum we have seen instances where parents' cases were transferred to CSC even though they are not in CSC service area. When that happened, usually the cases were approved without an interview and faster than it would have at their DO. Check for experience of username "simidude" and also the timelines on first page of this thread (when it says no interview, they were approved by CSC).

hey jen.... its not always a good thing, my mom's case is still pending... we appied in january, and sent to CSC in may... and i called and asked, and they said there is nothingi can do but wait!!i am extremely busy with other things now, but when i have time, maybe in a couple of months, i will get an info pass apointment and go see what is going on... problem is we have t drive 5 hours to get to the appointment, and i have a 2 year old, so going there isnt easy.anyway, i hope we get an aproval before then..

Birth Certificate

Is there anyone who has used yourmaninindia services.

I would like to use their services for my parents non availability birth certificate.

Also, is it possible to use embassy issued birth certificate for parents instead of non-availability certificate.

Thanks

Hello Jenimmi:

Would you know how long it takes after you turn in the DS230, Part I for the case to be turned over from the NVC to the Consulate in India?

Murthy

Chennai- Mother's IV processing

I-130 RFE received in June 06
RFE reply last date : Aug 14th ( due to name incorrect on bc)
RFE reply sent on Aug 7th '06
Approved on: Aug 21 '06

NVC Processing
Case entered: Aug 31 '06
Rec'd I864 fee bill and DS 3032 copy: Sep 7 '06
Sent I864 fee back to NVC @ MO: Sep 8 '06
Sent DS 3032 back to NVC @ NH: Sep 12 '06
Immigrant Visa Fee Bill generated on - Oct 2 '06 ( NVC phone message)

I864 received by me: Oct 2 ‘06
I864 sent back to NVC@ NH: Oct 7 ’06 ( delay due to IRS transcripts)

Middle name not matching between BC and PP

Hi Gurus.

I will get my US Citizenship probably by end of Oct'06. My mother came here on visiting visa who still have valid I-94 until Jan 2007. The question is that there is slight difference in my mother's middle name.
In her passport, the middle name is Venamma where as in my birth certificate it is Veni. First and last names are perfectly matching.
She also has the birth certificate which is identical to her passport name. I am wondering whether there would be any RFE for this. Could anyone shed some light on this issue.
Yours advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
gragi

gragi -

Try to get Affidavit of Birth for yourself, from 2 people older than you and have your Mother's name in the affidavit spelt the same as in her PP & BC.

Another alternative is to get a birth certificate for yourself with your Mother's name spelt correctly. This could be in addition to the affidavits of birth.

apply social security number with welcome notice

Hello All:

My mother recently got the approval and the DO did not stamp her passport.
They indicated that we should receive the Green card soon and DO do not practice stamping the passport.

We did get the welcome notice today but have not received any email yet about the card being ordered. I assume that it is going to take some time before we receive the card.

I am wondering if we can apply the Social Security number using the welcome notice and I-130 approved letter.

Has anyone experience in this matter or applied with the welcome notice ?

Yodha

jenimmi said:
gragi -

Try to get Affidavit of Birth for yourself, from 2 people older than you and have your Mother's name in the affidavit spelt the same as in her PP & BC.

Another alternative is to get a birth certificate for yourself with your Mother's name spelt correctly. This could be in addition to the affidavits of birth.

Thanks a lot jenimmi for your advice. For I-693(Medical), do we need to fill it and get the signature from immigration doctor or just we need to send the sealed copy given by the immigration doctor. Please advice.

--gragi

gragi said:
Thanks a lot jenimmi for your advice. For I-693(Medical), do we need to fill it and get the signature from immigration doctor or just we need to send the sealed copy given by the immigration doctor. Please advice.

--gragi

If your trip to the doctor is already over, didn't he already fill the I-693 form and put it in the sealed envelope? If you know the form's in the sealed envelope, just mail it with the rest of the package.
If you're not sure contact the doctor's office to confirm, they put it in the sealed envelope.

If you haven't yet seen the doctor, then take one blank I-693 and one filled I-693 and he'll tell you what you should do.