GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

jenimmi said:
Lots of good luck, visaapplicant. Hope they expedite approvals after the IP.

Is your IP scheduled at your local DO, even though the case is still with VSC for CP?

Jenimmi,

Thank you. I saw a couple of cases where VSC recently approved I130s that were filed in Dec/Jan. Hopefully mine will follow soon. Yes, IP is at my local DO. I am not even sure whether it will be of use because VSC's published processing date have not crossed my receipt date yet. I understand it will have to be one month past my receipt date for them to take any action.

Great to know that your Mom is back in time for the interview. Wish you all the best with the interview.

jenimmi said:
Anahit.. :) :)

I don't know if you're ever going to be reading this... My Mom is back!!! :D
We tried with all our might to get her flights re-booked and finally we'll make it to her interview. Just keeping our fingers crossed for a few more days.
Glad to hear it, Jen! And, good luck!!!!!!!!!!! :)

interview

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted for a while but wanted to update my parent's case status.
NVC completed the process on both of their cases on July 27th. We're waiting to be scheduled for interview which will take place in Abu Dhabi. It looks like NVC schedules interviews sencond week of every month for the following month. For example they scheduled some last week(Aug 15) for September interviews but we were not scheduled.

Do you guys know how long does it take to be scheduled for interview in average? Any help would be great. I'm expecting a baby and was counting on my parents to be here but I don't know how many more months can go by just waiting for interview let alone the name check afterwards...

Thanks,
aabraham

Applying GC for parents - what are the steps ?

Hi,

Can you let me know what are the steps to apply for GC for parents ? What forms to fill out and what documents to keep it ready ?

Also, can we get EAD as well for the parents ?

Any pros and cons for going for AOS vs CP ?

Thanks a lot

immig06 said:
Hi,

Can you let me know what are the steps to apply for GC for parents ? What forms to fill out and what documents to keep it ready ?

Also, can we get EAD as well for the parents ?

Any pros and cons for going for AOS vs CP ?

Thanks a lot

Go thru the first posting of this thread. It has all the needed info.

Parents can apply for the EAD.

CP vs AOS - Timeline is the difference. AOS within 6 months avg and CP about 8+months.

Any suggestion?

Hi guys,

I just got an e-mail from uscis saying they need more information in my father's I-485. I sent them everything it was required in the application.

What this additional information request might be about? Anyone have any ideas?

Peace out. :cool:

aabraham -

The interview scheduling process differs between consulates in different countries. For example, when I asked NVC about when my Dad's interview will be scheduled in a Consulate in India, I was told that once they complete the case here at NVC and transfer it to the Consulate in India, then scheduling interviews will be at the discretion/convenience of the Consulate and NVC has nothing to do with it. In your case, it seems like NVC is actually scheduling interviews in Abudhabi. Good luck in getting your parents in time for the baby :)

Durres Special said:
Hi guys,

I just got an e-mail from uscis saying they need more information in my father's I-485. I sent them everything it was required in the application.

What this additional information request might be about? Anyone have any ideas?

Peace out. :cool:

It could be anything - BC, MC or supporting docs for Aff of Support. But mostly, in parents cases it happens to be the Birth certificate or Marriage certificate. You'd have to wait for the mail unless, if you are curious you could try calling the Cust service line for more info.

should both parents cases be applied together?

Hi,
I am applying for GC (I130 and I485 together for my parents)
I am getting confused by the I-485 question of whether someone is "Applying with you?"
Should I mark "No" for them - as they have separate cases?
In I-130, "If separate petitions are also being submitted for other relatives, give names of each and relationship."
I think I need to list the other parent?
In I-130, "Have you ever before filed a petition for this or any other alien?"
I guess yes? as I am applying for both? Or, the first parent should be NO -- as I will be applying for one parent a couple weeks earlier than the other.
On I-864:
"The person listed above,e.complete Form I-864A because he/she is the intending immigrant and has noaccompanying dependents."
-- is this YES? as two parents cases are separate?
"If you have sponsored any other persons on an I-864 or I-864 EZwho are now lawful permanent residents, enter the number here."
I guess the answer is "ZERO" - as I have to do two I864 (one for each parent), and they are not GC yet?

I can not find any instructions on these questions...

thank you for the help!

Interview date received for I-485 finally but no LUD or I130 approval

Folks:

Finally, I have received the interview date for my mother for the first week of October.

However, I have not received any approval for I130. Is this normal ?
Does the interview for I-485 mean that I130 has been approved.

Also, no LUD on the uscis website. not sure why ?

ayodhya

I130s approved

My parents I130s for consular processing were finally (after 6 months) approved by VSC. Now waiting for the transfer to NVC and subsequent processing there.

Congrats, finally!!

Woohoo!!! Congratulations, Visaapplicant! :)
I'm really very happy for you and your parents.

I just saw your congrats post on the other thread and I wanted to say, "your time will come very soon" and I'm surprised to see your post here that I-130s were approved. From here, it's going to go super fast - I'm sure you have all the docs ready for Aff of Support & DS-230. If in question, please refer our CP thread - quite a few updates there :)

It was taking way too long @ VSC. Any idea why?
It's good you don't have to make that IP appt anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
maoliz said:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I'm sure your detailed information about this interview process will help a lot of people on this forum. Thank you :)

Thanks, maoliz.
Good luck with your parents case!

ayodhya said:
Folks:

Finally, I have received the interview date for my mother for the first week of October.

However, I have not received any approval for I130. Is this normal ?
Does the interview for I-485 mean that I130 has been approved.

Also, no LUD on the uscis website. not sure why ?

ayodhya

It is normal. In my mother's case, I-130 was approved only at the time of interview, along with I-485 approval. That's how it is with most interview cases.
I didn't get an LUD since the very first one with the "your case was received on ....". The next update or LUD change was ONLY after the interview, when I-130, 485 were approved and when the Welcome notice was mailed.

Congrats, Jen!

Congratulations, Jen! Glad the interview went so smoothly for your Mom!

yoyo88 said:
Hi,
I am applying for GC (I130 and I485 together for my parents)
I am getting confused by the I-485 question of whether someone is "Applying with you?"
Should I mark "No" for them - as they have separate cases?
Correct.
In I-130, "If separate petitions are also being submitted for other relatives, give names of each and relationship."
I think I need to list the other parent?
Yes.
In I-130, "Have you ever before filed a petition for this or any other alien?"
I guess yes? as I am applying for both? Or, the first parent should be NO -- as I will be applying for one parent a couple weeks earlier than the other.
Yes. If you're applying a few weeks apart, the first one would be NO, the second one YES with "In process" for a result.
On I-864:
"The person listed above,e.complete Form I-864A because he/she is the intending immigrant and has noaccompanying dependents."
-- is this YES? as two parents cases are separate?
"If you have sponsored any other persons on an I-864 or I-864 EZwho are now lawful permanent residents, enter the number here."
I guess the answer is "ZERO" - as I have to do two I864 (one for each parent), and they are not GC yet
Correct on both.