GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Folks,

I have the following five questions:

(1) I don't know what address to give in all the forms for my dad - my address or my sibling's. My dad will be leaving Nov 09 to stay with my sibling in L.A., until Feb 21, 2008. And I am a citizen, not my sibling. I am sponsoring our dad's GC. So what shall I say is his address? I got his physical done here in Michigan and the I-693 gives my address in Michigan.

Would a cover letter stating that he'll be staying in L.A. and so we'd like the finger-printing done there cause problems? Or should I give the L.A. address in all forms?
I'll get the civil surgeon to change the I-693 then.

(2) Will they question why he got a physical done in Michigan and is staying in L.A. for the remainder of his trip?

(3) Where will he have to go for the interview if his home address is the CA address?

(4) If I list his home address as Michigan instead of CA, then where will he have to go for the interview - Detroit?

(5) Is it faster to go thru Detroit than CA?

Please kindly help.

(Thanks Andromeda for the NSEERS information and thread pointer; very helpful.)

Badprapan2,

Sorry, correction - posting by "jenimmi", not "jemini", of Feb 9, 2006 on first page of this thread.

For your informaiton

Yesterday, we went to INFOPASS and spoke to I/O on the status of the case. I/O said my parents' finger print are under review.....and I asked I/O and see if the name/FBI check has been completed, she said she does not know the process, but the computer system only shows the finger print is under review and pending.

I guess "waiting" is nature of the game. By looking at ml_boston's case, their I-485/I-130 got approved 3-1/2 month after the finger print is done; and it has been almost 3 months for parents since they have their finger print done.

Anxiously waiting....

What does one say for Q7 of I-131? Please will someone help?
Will "family obligations" work? That is just two words, and I don't need
a separate sheet of paper as Q7 calls for.

Thanks.

HI folks,

If you apply for GC for a parent. Can you do i-130 and i-485 at the same time for the parent in the U.S? Or have to submit 130 first then 485? If the parent's status expired, would this case be approved?

HI folks,

If you apply for GC for a parent. Can you do i-130 and i-485 at the same time for the parent in the U.S? Or have to submit 130 first then 485? If the parent's status expired, would this case be approved?

If parents are already in US, apply I-130 & I-485 together. In fact apply for EAD(I-765) and AP(I-131) also right now. Try to file before their status expires. Once filed, overstay might be forgiven but make sure they don't leave country without AP while GC is pending.

Thanks a bunch

Many thanks andromeda2007! Do you (or anyboy) happen to know if the parent status did expired for some reason while they are in the U.S. Can you, as a US citizen, apply for GC for them to make their staus back on track again.

I filed I 130 for my mother. I am finding it diffuclt to get an NON AVAILABILTY certificate from India.
WIll NON Avail from Consulate Suffice. Has anyone have any exp on this

thanks
S

I do not know if NABC from Indian Consulate will suffice. Another way is to use an agency in India (assuming you have no one in India to do it). Try yourmaninindia.com (belonging to the TTK group)or saharacarehouse.com (of the Sahara group). Both do a decent job but will need about a month to get the NABC

Update in online status today:

I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 - [SJC]
07/30/08: Exp mail (rcvd 07/31)
08/04/08: Checks cleared & notices mailed (rcvd 08/08)
08/27/08: FP (notice rcvd 08/12)
09/09/08: I-130 & I-485 transferred to CSC.
09/15/08: I-130 & I-485 pending at the office to which it was transferred. (LUD 9/16 & 9/17 with same message)
10/01/08: I-485 LUD (also 10/02 with same message)
10/02/08: I-131 approved (recv 10/11/08) - mother
10/03/08: I-765 card ordered (10/10/08 approval sent and rcvd 10/14/08) - mother
10/29/08: RFE Issued on I-131 & I-765 - father (rcvd 11/03)
11/04/08: Response to RFE sent.
11/10/08: Response to RFE received by USCIS for I-131(not I-765 but it was common RFE and common response :mad:)

Could someone please please tell me how to fill Q7 of I-131? My dad would like to leave
even if GC is not yet granted. How long could he stay in India? I was thinking four months.

Also, will "family obligations" work? That is just two words, and I don't need

What are some things people wrote here?

Thanks.

Could someone please please tell me how to fill Q7 of I-131? My dad would like to leave
even if GC is not yet granted. How long could he stay in India? I was thinking four months.

Also, will "family obligations" work? That is just two words, and I don't need

What are some things people wrote here?

Thanks.

In my parents application, I just wrote down "visit family". I don't think you need extra explaination for that since its your dad's right to travel.

Your dad could stay outside of country as long as he has the valid advance parole to enter U.S.; But remenber, during the I-485 process, there might be minor issues that required your dad presence, such as- finger print not clear and USCIS require him to re-do it, it could occur anytime after the finger print is completed; possible interview - by reading the forum it is rarely happen to the AOS for parents, but it did happened before.

Many thanks andromeda2007! Do you (or anyboy) happen to know if the parent status did expired for some reason while they are in the U.S. Can you, as a US citizen, apply for GC for them to make their staus back on track again.

If the parent(s) did enter U.S. legally, the parent(s)of a U.S. citizen is elgible to apply AOS (adjust of status, I-485) while the parent(s) is/are in U.S., regardless their visa status expire or not at the time of filing.

Hi guys,

I applied for my mom's I-130/485. We got her case transferred to CSC, but we haven't recd. fingerprint notice yet. Is this normal?

I-130/I-485- [SJC]
09/30/08: Exp mail (rcvd 10/3)
10/03/08: Checks cleared & notices mailed (rcvd 10/07)
10/27/08: I-130 & I-485 transferred to CSC.

I noticed in G-325a form, I gave my mom's India address in "Applicant's residence last 5 years". Could it be that the FP notice was sent to India address? How to verify that FP notice has been sent or not? Does the USCIS phone no. tell the FP notice sent information? For her case, I only hear about the case recd and then transferred to CSC.

Thanks,
rkbk

If I were you, I will either call USCIS or make an INFOPASS to speak with I/O in person.

infopass

We did an infopass, the IO said that my parents back ground all cleared, and everything was transferred to a judicial committee on Nov. 5th, we should expect the result in 30days to 60 days.

First time to hear about some "judicial committee" in USCIS center, and by the way, nothing changed from on line registration either, no even the LUD.

More weird thing is I couldn't open the online message, when I click on it, it only selected that case. Have anybody seen it?

Last edited by a moderator:
We did an infopass, the IO said that my parents back ground all cleared, and everything was transferred to a judicial committee on Nov. 5th, we should expect the result in 30days to 60 days.

First time to hear about some "judicial committee" in USCIS center, and by the way, nothing changed from on line registration either, no even the LUD.

More weird thing is I couldn't open the online message, when I click on it, it only selected that case. Have anybody seen it?

GOOD for you and your parents! Regardless what judicial committee is, I think your parents case should be settle very very soon.

Contrast to my parents case, their finger prints have not been done reviewing per infopass on Nov. 5th, it could possible take another 2 months from now......DARN.....

LUD on I-130

I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 - [SJC]
07/30/08: Exp mail (rcvd 07/31)
08/04/08: Checks cleared & notices mailed (rcvd 08/08)
08/27/08: FP (notice rcvd 08/12)
09/09/08: I-130 & I-485 transferred to CSC.
09/15/08: I-130 & I-485 pending at the office to which it was transferred. (LUD 9/16 & 9/17 with same message)
10/01/08: I-485 LUD (also 10/02 with same message)
10/02/08: I-131 approved (recv 10/11/08) - mother
10/03/08: I-765 card ordered (10/10/08 approval sent and rcvd 10/14/08) - mother
10/29/08: RFE Issued on I-131 & I-765 - father (rcvd 11/03)
11/04/08: Response to RFE sent.
11/10/08: Response to RFE received by USCIS for I-131(not I-765 but it was common RFE and common response :mad:)
11/12/08: LUD on I-131 for father (Nothing on I-765 for father :mad: still says RFE sent out)
11/14/08: I-130 LUD (both mother and father) - No message change

It's been almost one month since my parents' case was transferred to California center. By reading previous posts seems it usually takes about a month for GC to be approved. Anxiously awaiting...

Timeline:
8/14/08: 485,130,131,864,693 sent to Chicago
8/18/08: Receipt date
9/4/08: FP done
10/16/08: Case transferred to CSC
10/23/08: Advance parole approved.
10/24/08: LUD of 485,130
10/31/08: Advance parole received in mail.