GC for my mom, can I apply now?

littlelittle

Registered Users (C)
Hi, this is a great website and I've learned a lot useful information from this site over the years. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am currently a US citizen and would like to apply GC for my mom. She has been visiting us for 2 months now and has to go back in 3.5 months. In this case, should I apply I-130 and I-485 concurrently with advanced parrole so she can reenter next April/May (2012)? Or it's best to apply I-485 later?

Some people told me the whole process only takes 3-4 months, but if we apply sequentially, how long it will take, in general?

I have a hard time to find the answer from previous post. Any expert's advice is much appreciated!!!!

Thanks!!!

If she has plans to leave the US in a couple of months and stay outside until May 2012, apply for her I-130 and select consular processing. In 12 months time she can re-enter the US on her immigrant visa.

She has been visiting us for 2 months now and has to go back in 3.5 months. In this case, should I apply I-130 and I-485 concurrently with advanced parrole so she can reenter next April/May (2012)?