GC done in AIT!

I got it

Hi All,
I got my approval/GC package this morning!

It still feels like a dream to me.

It took them about 1 hour to review all my documents - 3 colleges\' degrees, Visas and I-20\'s, 3 company\'s H1-B and the rest of the documents. The interview was pretty quick - swearing that all the documents are true and a couple easy questions. Done! :)

The questions are...
- Why you were studying for 7 years in America?
I went to a language school and 2 colleges (5 years).
- Have you commited in any crime?
- So you are working as a [title], doing [such and such]?

The document checking process occured at 8 AM. The interview took place about 1.5 hours later.

I was asked to wait for the interview first before paying for the application fees. Usually, you have to pay first.

I picked up the approval/GC package on the same day at 11:30 AM.

-- I had my job offer letter notarized. My lawyer said it\'s not necessary; it was notarized any way.
-- Make sure you fill out the 2 forms come with your package 4. One of them was already filled out while my lawyer was filling package 3, but they still ask for it.
-- If your application is employee based, you will be asked to fill out a form there. There are some simple employment questions.

P.S.
- If your interview is in Taipei, make sure you get there early and stand near window 4. I assumed there would be a number system where there is a first come first serve policy, but no, there isn\'t. So I suggest you stand near the window to get to the front of the line. But please don\'t cut lines and let people who get there first be in the front.
- If you could borrow a mobile phone, bring one. After the interview and payment, the lady at Window 8 asked my number. Just in case if something else is needed before the pick up time 11:30 AM, they can contact you.

Good luck to all of you who are going for it!

FloppyL.

I checked with all listed hospitals in Taipei

Hi SnowSky
I checked with all listed hospitals in Taipei. It takes 5 working days to get the report in all of them. I went for the Medical Exam on a Wednesday and got it on the Wednesday after. 2 weeks in Taiwan will be sufficient. My interview was today, Thursday, 12/13 and I arrived Taipei on Tuesday last week.
Make sure you make a copy of all documents and bring 3 years of W2\'s. When you go to the Residency Record Office, make sure you get the Birth Registration and the original residence record.
Good luck!
FloppyL.

Passport

If you have expired passports, bring them as well. They looked at all my previous Visas.

Congrats and SIGN-OFF!

floopyLo, CONGRATS!

I received my plastic card last week.
I sincerely appreciate for all CP Gurus help and wish all
CPer can get the GC without any problem. By the way, it takes about 7 weeks for receiving plastic card(from Date Of Entry). The card is issued by TSC(Texas) and without any INS mark/seal on the envelope, I almost threw it away as a junk mail!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL CPERS...........SIGN-OFF!

No Title

Documents do not have to be in English if they are in Chinese.
And I think you only need Police Record from the city of your residency. In other words, I\'ve lived in the US for 11 years and I only need a Police Record from Taipei.
hth,
floppyLo