GC done in AIT!

No Title

When NVC create your case number, NVC will put your info in their database and then send you the package 3 (if the priority date is current). Package 3 contains some generic forms such as OF-169, OF230 /DS230 part I and part II and OF-134. You don\'t need to wait for the original forms from NVC. The forms you download from NVC or immihelp web site are the same as the one in the pacakge 3. AIT will not have your package 3 unless you sent them. No matter you wait for the pacakge 3 from NVC or you download them from somewhere, you have to send your pacakge 3 to AIT by yourself. For more infomation, I will suggest you go to http://www.immihelp.com and click on "consular process" on the left side of the page or go to NVC\'s web site (http://travel.state.gov/nvc.html). You sould find more useful information.

Sorry, made a mistake

The item 8. OF-169 should be mail to AIT with your DS-230.
What I mean is I-134(Affidavit Of Support), need be notarized.
Sorry for the mistake.:)

Safe for CP???

My labor cert go thru regular case, after 2 years process time, SESA want company to rise my salary. My lawyer mention to my company Green card is future job, so we change salary on labor cert, but still not get raise my pay. My W-2 is less than motion on labor. Do I safe for CP on Taiwan??? I apply for GC since 1998, I really don\'t want to wait for another year for I-485.

How Long after P3 Sent Date?

Hi Maria,
When did you receive the appointment letter after your P3 was sent to AIT? Mine\'s sent and 4 weeks have passed. I am very worried.

Floppy L.

how did you find out?

Hi LB,
how did you find out your interview date before getting the P4?

My P3 was sent to AIT 4 weeks ago and haven\'t heard anything from them yet. My US address is on the P3.

Please let me know. Should I call them? What number will I use?

Thanks.

floppy L.

birth certificate?

Hi Maria,
I have prepared the Household Registration document. I thought this will be sufficient. Do I really need a birth certificate from the hospital where I was born?
Thanks.

floppy L.

vjw98...

I think it\'s cheating about your current salary is lower than mentioned on labor cert.
When I had the interview in AIT. AIT clerk did check my 1040(year 2000) with my employment letter and pay stub. I think you have to push your company hard to raise your salary to match what has been mentioned on labor cert.
It\'s hard to say CP is safe or not.... I just can say "if you haven\'t been convicted, out of immigration status, pay tax on time and working on the field same as your major, you should be fine!".

Good Luck!

floppyL

You should contact with AIT by email(visaiv@mail.ait.org.tw). Give them your name and case number. If it has been scheduled, then they will let you know the interview date.
Please do not wait until receiving your P4 then arrange your travel and collect documents, I promise you will get heart attack. For my case, I got P4 just 19 days before interview, if I did not contact with AIT by email.... you won\'t see me here:)

floppyL

Yes, it has been mentioned on your P4 --- the first item.
Please read my post here, hope it help!

Good Luck!

I thought it is risky.

VJW98:

It is hard to say 100% safe or not. Basically, in order to have a smooth CP everything it is better to have everything 100% perfect. Although CP is for the future job, but you need to have a employment letter staying your salary is at least meet the requirement on your labor. The consulate officers may check your pay stubs and W2 to verify your real salary. Especially during these days, I have heard some consulates do watch this issue by checking your pay stubs (it is because of the Economic situation, many people receives pay cut in these days). Although W2 and pay stubs are not officially required, but if the consulate officers are not convinced by the official documents you provide, they may ask something else for verification. This is why it is hard to say what is safe and what isn\'t and one\'s case may not apply to the other one.

company got bought

Does anyone know what happen if my company(A) gets acquired by another company (B) and if company A is renamed to B before I go back to Taiwan for the interview?

Thanks in advance.

Floppy L.

Thanks !!Maria, Yishin

Thank you for your reply. I will ask my lawyer again before go for CP.

Interview date

My P3 was sent to AIT on 10/22/01. Just got a e-mail reply, the interview date will be sometimes in Jan,2002. The exact date will be decided in middle Dec, 2001. Is there anyone can give me some advice that when is the better time travel back to Taiwan? It is very difficult to get air ticket at Christmas time. Thanks.

Sent AIT email Around Dec. 10th-15th for exact Interview date.

Hi, Rodeo2001:

AIT will not have your interview date until Mid Dec. It is better to send AIT email around Dec. 10th and determine your schedule. If you know your interview date in Mid. Dec, you still have plenty of time to schedule your trip to Taiwan.

P3 sent to AIT yesterday

Hi,
  My P3 was sent by NVC on Dec. 04 and the operator told me they have already sent the P3 to my attorney on Nov. 26. I hope my attorney will receive it in this week.
  I heard that the cut-off date is 17th of each month. If AIT receives my P3 before Dec. 17, will I get the Feb. interview? Will they set up the interview right after the Chinese New Year? (I don\'t think I can stay in Taiwan for more than 2 weeks...and the Med exam needs to be done there!)
  Which hospital did you guys go? Which one is the fastest?
  Start to get nervous. Thanks everyone!

Do all of the Documents have to be in English?

I just have my I-140 approved on 11/27, and am preparing for CP at AIT.

I would like to know if all of the documents, (such as household registration book, birth certificate and police record from Taiwain) have to be in English?

Has anyone applied their GC through National Interest waiver?
Since NIW does not require labor certificate, will salary statement be an issue in the employment letter?

One more question for Police record.
If I have lived in US for more than 6 years,
do I need to have police record from every city that I have lived?

Thank you very much for answering the questions.

Relax! Guys.

The interview in AIT supposted to be very smooth, if you have all the
documents they asked.

If your case sent to AIT before Dec. 17th, your interview will be in Feb, but don\'t wait until Dec. 17th. You can go to AIT\'s web site for their office hours and when will AIT be close for holidays. AIT close on the US and Taiwan\'s holidays.

It is safer you have at least 10 days prior to your interview date. It takes 5 business days to get the medical exam report. Christian Tai-An (near Taiwan TV Station Building) hospital is the fastest one that can get you the report. Also, it takes about 3 days to get the Police Cer.
in Taipei (it takes me 7 days in Taichung!). AIT only need to documents list on the package 4. All of the documents list on package 4 can be in Chinese. No translation or notarization is needed.

You can ask your family members to start collecting those documents for you. They are good for six months. Your family member will need your passport copy to apply for your Police Cer.

You only need to get the Police Cer. in Taiwan, there is no need to acquire the Police Cer. in the US.

Since NIW is not labor related, I believe AIT will not forcus on your
salary when they check your documents, but it is essential for you
to mention your salary and position in your employment letter. It is
to verify your financial security.

I did not check this board as offen as before, so if you have any more
question, feel free to send email to yishin@yahoo.com.

yishin