GC done in AIT!

Maria Ju

Registered Users (C)
Just came back from Taiwan and got GC.
This forum is very helpful and I will be glad to answer any question that relate to interview in AIT.
Please allow me to say thank you to this great web site, sb20, SriFx and all of the CPers!
The only problem for me was Packet 4 form 230 part I, it\'s different to the form that I turned in(P3) and I have to fill it again:)

GOOD LUCK TO ALL CPERS, WE DEFINITELY DESERVE IT!

What document you need to provide at the interview at AIT?

Maria,

My Green Card interview (Employnent Based) is scheduled with AIT for Mid November. I have not received the Package 4 yet. Can you please tell me what document I need to prepare for the interview?

Thanks.

The document you need

As I remember,
1. Birth Certificate and the \'household identification book\' while you were born.
You need to ask your parents about where you were born and go there to get both documents. APPLY FOR 2 COPIES!!!
2. Current household identification book.
You can get it in your current local household office. APPLY FOR 2 COPIES.
3. DS-230 PART I and II
It\'s the new form and you will get them with your Packet 4.
4. Police Record.
If you live in Taipei, you can apply it from http://www.tmpd.gov.tw
5. Medical Exam
We did it in Tai-An hospital. You need to bring the passport and 6 pictures(you don\'t have to give the same pictures that is required for GC). It\'s unnecessary to make an appointment and it cost about NT$4,500.
6. IRS-9003
It comes with Packet 4. YOU NEED TO RETURN 2 COPIES.
7. Military Record.
My husband lost it and went to Taipei Ne-Hu to apply a new one.
8. OF-169
AIT did not ask for our form, I don\'t know why???
9. Marriage Certificate
I saw a person who has divorced, and AIT asked for Divorce Certificate as well.
10. Passport and 3 pictures(as required)
In Taipei, you just have to mention the picture is used for immigration, most photo stores know how to do it.
11. Employment Letter
MUST BE NOTARIZED, DON\'T FORGET IT!!!

The other documents such as
1. W2 form(I took 3 years with me) and last year\'s 1040.
2. Bank statement, mortgage statement, salary pay stub.
3. The document that can prove you haven\'t OUT OF STATUS. I prepared I-20, practical training card, labor cert application, I-140 application, diploma, transcript(You can get labor cert app. & I-140 app. from your attorney).
4. My daughter\'s birth certificate.

AIT starts working at 8:00am. You can get there earlier and stand in front of counter 4(3 floor) before 8:00am. We got No.14 and waited until 11:20am for document checking.... you\'d better stand in front of counter 4 and get No.1:).

The Taiwanese clerks check the document very carefully, they even read the employment letter then compare the mentioned salary with your W2. Please make an extra copy for all documents, you never know what they will want!

The questions that we have been asked were "Is your name XXXX?" and "Have you ever worked illegally?". I believe that our case is much easier than those family-based cases, the family-based case bothered immigration officer a lot on my interview day:)

Forget to tell you

If you gave the U.S. address to AIT, then you will receive P4 about 19 days before the interview date(my case). You\'d better send an e-mail to AIT to ask about your interview date. Tai-An hospital needs 5 working days to prepare the report.

Questions

Hi Maria,

1) Why we need both "BC" and "household register book"? Is this clear mentioned on P3 that they are both required? I thought only BC is enough? (BC is applied from the birth place household register)

2) What if I didn\'t live in Taiwan for the past 7 years and my name is not on my family\'s "current" household identification book. How should I do?

3) Me and my husband didn\'t register our marriage in Taiwan. Is this OK?

Answer...

1. When you apply BC from the birth place household register, you can ask for birth household register book at same time.
2. We left Taiwan for 8 years, and names are not on my family\'s current household register book either. You just use ID card to apply for current household register book.
3. My friend registered the marriage in the States and showed the certificate to AIT before, it worked. I DON\'T GUERANTEE!!

Good Luck!

No Title

Thank you Maria for your help. But here are two more questions:

1. Is this clearly required on your P3 or P4? I mean ask you to bring the "household register book" for birth time and current time for interview. Because my P3 requested only BC.

2. You use ID to apply a brand new book? (brand new that list you and your husband\'s name on it) or just to apply a current book for your family in Taiwan and without your name on it? (maybe only your parents, sister, brother...but not your name) Which one we should reply?

Answer

1. It is clearly required on P4. For DS-230 Part I and II, AIT prepared the instruction in Chinese. There is also another instruction in Chinese that tell you the required documents, and the first one is BC and birth household register book. You can get both in household register office.
2.I used ID to apply "copied household register book"(Hu Ji Tern Bern), you don\'t need to turn in the original one(Hu Ko Min Bu). Since your marriage is not registered in Taiwan, I strongly recommand you to call Taiwan household register office to check how to register it in Taiwan. Otherwise, there is no evidance to prove your legal marriage in Taiwan.

If you still have question, please send a message to my private box(click "send private" above) with your phone number, and I will be glad to explain it clearly.

I also had my Interview done with AIT on Oct. 18

As expected, there is no surprise on my interview. AIT\'s officers are nice and polite. I carried a lot of supporting documents, but most of them are not used. AIT only asked whatever listed in Package 4 and OF-169. One thing that I did find out is:

For company spin-off case, if your interview date is before the completion of the spin-off, AIT does not ask for I-140 amendment. AIT did not use "tax ID" as a delimiter for the judgement. AIT want to see document mention about the date of spin-off. As for the case that spun-off already, I-140 is absolutely required.

Is the acquisition process completed?

Luck Bear:

For your case, if the process is completed, AIT does ask for I-140 amendment approval notice. For successor in interest cases, such as acquired, purchased, or spin-off (if it is not just a simple company name change), AIT is aboslutely asking I-140 amendment (if the process is completed. If not, then they don\'t ask).

It took me almost the same amount of time to get the I-140 amendment done, but now the I-140 takes only few months to get approved, so it may not be a big deal. If you really don\'t want to be delayed by the I-140 amendment, you can ask your attorney to file your package 3 to AIT using your old I-140 approval notice, because it takes almost a month for NVC to create a case number for you and AIT need another two months to schedule your interview. By the time your interview is scheduled, you should already receive your I-140 amendment. If not, then you can email AIT to postpone your interview to the following month. This is what I did, so although I did the amended I-140 and it took 6 months, but the actual delay causing by this I-140 amendment is just one month.

If you have other question, feel free to ask me.

The process was completed 9 months ago.

YiShin,

The process was completed 9 months ago. My lawyer is a moron. He is next to useless. He didn\'t tell us anything or do anything about the I-140 Amendment. although he had 9 months window to do that.

Thanks for your help.

No Title

Luck Bear:

I will recommend you send email to AIT and bring up your situation to
AIT. You should receive their answer within days.

Dealing with lawyer and HR people is extremely a nightmare. They don\'t do their job and if you push them to do their job, they become mad.

Good luck, and don\'t get stress out.

Lucky Bear,

Help yourself to ask AIT!
My husband fought with the company\'s HR and attorney, so we have to apply CP by ourselves. They(HR and attorney) even received the P3 then told us -- since we don\'t have experience to process CP, we strongly recommend you to apply by yourself!
Then we asked many questions here, and contacted with AIT by ourselves!
I also want you know when we had interview in Taipei, I saw the emails have been attached with our file(record).... be as polite as possible:)

Good Luck!

Thanks for your suggestions

Maria & YiShin,

Thank you very much for your suggestions. We have emailed AIT and are waiting for their reply. Usually they respond within pretty quick turnaround time.

My friend referred me to this discussion board and I found it\'s very helpful. I will keep my case posted here so that maybe someone else may find this information useful in case they have similar ignorant and negligent lawyer.

Thanks again and have a awesome week!

I also apply for GC through CP, just got my 140 approved

Hi,
  I tend to apply my GC through CP in AIT. My 140 just got approved today. (After screwed by NSC mail room back log and RFE for current company financial statement...a nightmare) :)
  One question, though. Does anyone know how much time it takes from 140 approved by INS to packet 3?
  Thank you very much for the valuable information here. I appreciated it, guys!!

It takes about a month for NVC to create the case number.

Snowsky:

It takes about a month for INS to transfer your case to NVC and have NVC create the case number. You can start calling NVC one week later to check whether your case number has been created or not. Once you have the case number, you don\'t need to wait the package 3 send by NVC, you can directly download the Forms from NVC web site or from immihelp web sites. You can directly send your package 3 to AIT. Don\'t forget to sign the OF-169, otherwise AIT will not schedule the interview. Remember the interview schedule cut-off day is 17th in every month. That means that the application send to AIT before 17th will be scheduled two month later.

Thanks. What should I send to AIT?

Thanks for your reply!!
The forms downloaded from the website....are they the same? and what should I send along with my forms downloaded from website?
Once I know the "case is been created" by NVC, I can send my forms to AIT. Is it possible that my downloaded forms will reach AIT before my Packet 3?
Thanks a lot!!