GC document questions

peter_guest5450

Registered Users (C)
I've been following this forum on securing the tax transcripts. I just received my transcripts for the federal tax return.....no problem on that. My questions are:

1. Wont a copy of the tax return suffice ( federal and state 1040) in the place of transcripts?

2. Does the state ( i mean revenue service of a particular state) provide tax transcripts or is a copy of the state tax filing good enough? (I already have copies of my tax filing from the last 3 years)

3. Do we have to obtain copies of W2 from the IRS or are my original W2s good enough?

4. Do immunization records have to be notarized or certified by an MD or is just a copy from old records ( i mean from the last 2-3 years) sufficient?

Thanks a lot!

I 140 AD 01-06-05
NVC case created 02-07-05
Awaiting P3.......

peter_guest5450 said:
I've been following this forum on securing the tax transcripts. I just received my transcripts for the federal tax return.....no problem on that. My questions are:

1. Wont a copy of the tax return suffice ( federal and state 1040) in the place of transcripts?

{Since you already got the tax transcripts, so this question doesn't make
much sense. However people do carry both. As part of the documents
they submit the tax transcripts and have the filing copies as backup.}

2. Does the state ( i mean revenue service of a particular state) provide tax transcripts or is a copy of the state tax filing good enough? (I already have copies of my tax filing from the last 3 years)

{I don't think they do. However I think the fedral transcripts would suffice.}

3. Do we have to obtain copies of W2 from the IRS or are my original W2s good enough?

{What the IRS has is what you have given them. Take a copy of the
W-2s you have and also carry the original as backup}

4. Do immunization records have to be notarized or certified by an MD or is just a copy from old records ( i mean from the last 2-3 years) sufficient?

{What ever immunization records you carry do not actually reach the
consulate. You just carry them (in what ever condition they are) to
the physician and he/she would determine if they can waive some
shots /tests based on them. The final report that goes to the consulate
is the one given by the consulate nominated physician}

Thanks a lot!

I 140 AD 01-06-05
NVC case created 02-07-05
Awaiting P3.......

{my responses}

While there are people on the forum willing to help with the questions, my advise to the new users would be to spend sometime browsing and reading the material that is already there. I think we have information virtually on all common aspects of the CP process.

Raju

Raju595 said:
{my responses}

While there are people on the forum willing to help with the questions, my advise to the new users would be to spend sometime browsing and reading the material that is already there. I think we have information virtually on all common aspects of the CP process.

Raju
Agree with Raju above.

I agree with Raju. In my case, they did not ask any financial docs. Also there is no need to notorize photocopy as long as u carry original with you.