GC Codes AS6, AS7, AS8

Tuti1975

Registered Users (C)
Anybody knows the meaning of the following Codes:
AS6
AS7
AS8

1. What are the meanings.
2. What are the differences is term of Law and Restriction.

AS6 = Principal Asylee
AS7 = Derivative Asylee (Spouse)
AS8 = Derivative Asylee (Children/Dependents)

They all share the same rights and responsabilities, the only difference is that AS7 and AS8 may be able to travel back to COP without any problem. (Check with your lawyer)

AS6 = Principal Asylee
AS7 = Derivative Asylee (Spouse)
AS8 = Derivative Asylee (Children/Dependents)

They all share the same rights and responsabilities, the only difference is that AS7 and AS8 may be able to travel back to COP without any problem. (Check with your lawyer)

What’s COP means???

I received the green card a few days ago, it has the category as6, I am Mexican, but I want to visit Canada, but I would like to know if there is any problem in leaving and entering to the USA again from Canada (or is it only forbidden to go to my country)?

I received the green card a few days ago, it has the category as6, I am Mexican, but I want to visit Canada, but I would like to know if there is any problem in leaving and entering to the USA again from Canada (or is it only forbidden to go to my country)?

Are you flying or going via road? In this COVID ERA, you may be denied entry if you don't meet Canadian immigration new emergency requirements you must wait for the travel restrictions to end to travel to Canada.

Read: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors.html

Before COVID:

The citizens of Mexico, together with other 53 nationalities, are not required to get a visa when they travel to Canada for short visits. Instead, as a Mexican, you must apply for a Canada ETA to be able to board your flight.

Updated September 2nd, 2020
What is a “Class of Admission”?

The 'class of admission' or COA describes the category under which one has admitted into the U.S. as an immigrant, such as a permanent resident or conditional permanent resident status or sometimes on non-immigrant status.

Example the classification code on the green card indicates how you got permanent residency status in the Form I-551 and which specific subtype of that category, whether you were the principal beneficiary or a derivative spouse or child, whether you entered via an immigrant visa or did Adjustment of Status in the US, and whether you are a conditional or non-conditional permanent resident.

The largest of these categories are focused on admitting foreign nationals to reunite with their families. Other categories include allowing immigrants to enter the U.S. for humanitarian or economic reasons or admitting immigrants from countries that have low levels of immigration into the U.S. (Stilt Blog, 3 Apr. 2020)

PENDING ASYLUM COA CODE

C08 Asylum applicant (w/ pending asylum application) who filed for asylum on or after January 4, 1995

REFUGEE AND ASYLEE BASED COMMON CODES

A03 Refugee
A04 Paroled as a refugee
A05 Asylee (granted asylum)

A10 Granted Withholding of Deportation or Removal
A11 Deferred Enforced Departure (DED)
A12 Temporary Protected Status (TPS) granted under 8 CFR 244.12

AS6 Principal Asylee
AS7 Derivative Asylee (Spouse)
AS8 Derivative Asylee (Children/Dependents)
GA6 Iraqi asylees
SY6 Syrian asylees
AS7 Spouses of AS6
GA7 Spouses of GA6
SY7 Spouses of SY6

References
“Immigrant Classes of Admission.” Department of Homeland Security, 7 Apr. 2017, www.dhs.gov/immigration-statistics/lawful-permanent-residents/ImmigrantCOA.

Stilt. “COMPLETE Guide to Class of Admissions in the U.S. [2020].” Stilt Blog, 3 Apr. 2020, www.stilt.com/blog/2020/04/class-of-admission/.

Last edited:
yes, but, to re-entry to the united states from Canada... is there any problem? and actually, do I have to show my Mexican passport or my green card on Canada border?

To enter Canada by land, a green card should be enough. To enter Canada by air, you need eTA, which requires you to use either your Mexican passport, or a US Re-entry Permit or US Refugee Travel Document. I believe that Canada is not allowing foreign visitors right now, no matter if you go by land or air.

For re-entering the US, as far as the government is concerned, a green card is enough, no matter how you enter. If you go by air, some airlines might require a passport/Re-entry Permit/Refugee Travel Document even though the government doesn't require it.

Do you mind if you share your GC time line ? And what service center?

guys. i will be as6 when i get my green card . after getting green card if i get married.my wifes green card code would be as7 or regular marriage with lpr based code f26 ? i am so scared

guys. i will be as6 when i get my green card . after getting green card if i get married.my wifes green card code would be as7 or regular marriage with lpr based code f26 ? i am so scared
You would have to petition her as the spouse of a permanent resident, so it would be F26. In fact, even if you got married between getting asylum and getting your green card, you would still have to petition her as the spouse of a permanent resident, so it would still be F26. Only if you were married before being granted asylum can she be a derivative asylee..

oh thats made me cool.i want to ask that i didnt tell my girlfriend that i am an asylee.after get green card then we go to green card interview .does officer say my girlfriend that i was an asylee?. my goverment will change after 2 year then i will have go to my cop to marry with her? do guys have something to say about my situation? i will moore appreciate it

oh thats made me cool.i want to ask that i didnt tell my girlfriend that i am an asylee.after get green card then we go to green card interview .does officer say my girlfriend that i was an asylee?. my goverment will change after 2 year then i will have go to my cop to marry with her? do guys have something to say about my situation? i will moore appreciate it
Go back to cop but when the uscis catch you on the citizenship interview don’t cry like a baby! How come you granted asylum and wanna go back after 2 years!! I don’t feel bad when the uscis catch the people like you

read carefully before judge man…i was saying if current goverment changes.i would go because my problem about goverment. are you able to understand now?

read carefully before judge man…i was saying if current goverment changes.i would go because my problem about goverment. are you able to understand now?
They don’t care! And red flags will be raising so in the citizenship tell the office the government changed lol then tell me her/his reaction