gc circle1, CIA hold

localtransfer

Registered Users (C)
Hi gc circle1:

Any news yet on your I485? Did you send an inquiry through
your lawyer?

I am thinking of approaching a congressman and send an inquiry
through their office. What do you think?

No news yet

My lawyer sent a letter but he also didn\'t get any reply yet. I think approaching through a congressman is a good idea. I am also thinking to do it. I believe their letter will carry more weight. I also plan to gl to newark office personally. Have you been there before.

No Title

I did write a letter to my local congressman. Let\'s see if anything
happens. I have gone to Newark a couple of times. At 6AM, expect
to be around 100th in the line. Let me know if you find out
anything.

Congressman\'s letter format

Can you please send me the format of the letter you sent to congressman. Can I also goto newark office on a wednesday (wed. is reserved for appointments only). Last month had been very frustrating to me. You feel so close to GC but still don\'t get it bcoz of some procedure which is not applicable to all the applicants. Keep in touch. Thanks,

Got EAD renewal interview notice

I was expecting approval notice, instead got EAD renewal interview notice from Newark office. As my case was already transferred to newark, my lawyer had sent the EAD renewal papers to newark. Newark has scheduled the EAD renewal interview on 9/19 and my current EAD expires on 9/20/01. I think they won\'t approve the case before that otherwise there is no point in EAD renewal.

No Title

It\'s sickening. I have been waiting for 5 1/2 years now. Screwed
in every possible way during the process.

As for congressman letter (sorry, I was away for the weekend - so
did not reply earlier), I simply explained the circumstances, said
that it is a unfair treatment to single out a few cases for transfer,
then for CIA check. Asked for help in finding out the current status
of the case.

Hope it helps.

No Title

I agree with you. I don\'t understand why only some cases are put on hold for CIA check. The irony is that the cia hold has not been removed after 60 days, contrary to what the officer told me.

out of country

Hi gc circle1

I will be out of US for about 3 weeks. I might not be
able to follow up the newsgroup. If you hear anything,
can you drop me a line at my_home_address@yahoo.com

Someone will be monitoring my US mail here. If I get
anything (I have no hopes left), I will let you know
as well.

More and more it appears to me that the officer made a fool
of me by saying that they wait 60 days. Well ...

thanks.

Enjoy your vacation

I have EAD renewal interview on 9/19. It\'s wednesday, and reserved for appointments only, which means that someone can\'t go in on wed. to find the status of his case. But I will try to find out the status from the officer who will be assigned for my EAD renewal (or will this be the same officer who interviewed me for AOS). In any case, I will drop you an email at your yahoo id.