GC card returned??

GC2101

Registered Users (C)
Hi GC holders,

I had my Passport stamped in Charleston on Oct. 6th. However, I have not yet received my card. :confused: :eek:

I called USCIS on Nov. 29th (after 30 days of waiting period). They told me to wait till 30 days??

My online message changed to:

On December 8, 2004, the card or document we had mailed to the applicant was returned by the post office because they could not deliver it. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283. :confused: :confused: :confused:

I did not changed my address during the whole process and even now, it is at the same address.

I am planning to call them back next week??

Did any one had similar experience??

GC2101 :mad: :mad:

GC2101,

My suggestion is to make an appointment at the local INS office (the one you received the stamp) and ask them to check your record. In the past, if the GC was returned to INS, they will try a second attempt. If the card was returned the second time, they will destroy the card (without sending you any letter).

Though you have remained the same address, it's still wise to check the computer record. I won't be surprised they made a mistake.

I had the same experience with OPT EAD before.. I found out in a couple month that it was returned to VSC. I wrote a letter to INS, saying that the address was same. please send me back again... and a couple weeks later it was delivered to my address.

New Strange message for enquiry about returned GC card?

Hi itsmme123 and Polar bear

Thanks a lot.

I called the NCSC over phone after 30 days. The message change like this

""On January 6, 2005, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."""

Bit strange!! :confused: :confused:

What type of information they may need after GC approval and passport stamping??

It is already more than 10 days since online message changed.

I will wait for 30 days and planning to visit USCIS at Charleston.

GC2101

Got my CARD!!!

Hi All,

After all mysteries, I got my card in mail.

I did not had to go to any USCIS office. I called the Customer Service Center and they told me that they will request for re-delivery of the card.

Last week, I got it. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

My suggestions to someone who is waiting for their Physical CARD!!!

Keep calling Customer Service Center and things move faster.

Best of luck for all who are waiting for their cards.
GC2101