GC Approved

ukpettai

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

And Finally, At last,... my GC got approved :D :D See my signature for details. But there are few interesting things happened, which I would like to share. Also this might give some hope to some (many?) of you.

Since the case was struck for a long time, I totally stopped tracking my case. In July '07 after all priority dates become current, I checked my case status. When I checked my case, the IO told me that my case was struck on background check (for my spouse everything was clear as per the IO). I got dejected and informed my attorney and they sent a service request. But they made a mistake and they mentioned a different LIN number instead of my I-485 number in the request. Two weeks back (end of August) USCIS responded that both the cases are struck in back ground check?! (remember my LIN# was wrong in the request). I was thinking about contacting congressman, senator, ombudsman. But as I was really fed up and didn't do anything, just stayed calm.:(

And all of a sudden this week I got the approval email and followed by receipt notices and the cards followed. Believe me everything happened from the start to end of this week, like a magic.:cool: :D

Now I wonder :confused: about this name/background check? Did I really got struck in name check or just the IOs are saying the same information to every one to avoid furute calls :confused: So friends, if any one who hear that your case is struck in name check, I think it might not be always correct. So don't loose your hope.

On my card the permananet residency date is showing some day in July :confused: eventhough the approval was this week :confused: I am further confused. Let me know if any one has an answer for this

In between I applied for the EAD & AP renewal and those cases are still pending and I hear that they will reject those applications and keep the fees I paid :mad:

Last but not least I would like to thank this forum. This forum was very helpful all through the process. Especially ginnu & max21 who clarified many doubts and provided valuable advises.

Good Luck to every one, who are still waiting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

EB2 - 140/485/EAD/AP (RD: 08/16/04 ND: 08/18/04)
PD - August 2003
FP (Code3 - for both of us): 09/23/04
1st EAD: 10/13/04, 1st AP: 10/15/04
140 AD: 05/06/05
FP: (Code2/Biometric/Photo - for both of us): 07/30/05
Case Status Changed
2nd EAD: 09/30/05, 2nd AP: 09/30/05
FP (No Code/Biometric/No Photo - just for myself): 01/06/06
3rd EAD: 07/18/06 (RD), 3rd AP: 07/17/06 (RD)
FP: Sep '06 (forone of us) FP: Jan '07 (for one of us)
July '07 - Found my case was struck in name check (spouses cleared)
4th EAD & AP: RD-07/31 (Case Still Pending)
I-485 AD - 09/07
Received Approval Email on 09/10
Received Receipt notice email on 09/12
I-485 Receipts RD - 09/13
Cards Received - 09/14
(No Emails on card production ordered)

Congratulations!!! As your PD was current according to July VISA bulletin, IO must have assigned VISA number to your case in July. Ombudsman phone call transcript did mentioned that it takes some time to issue a I485 approval notice and card production order after case is approved by IO.

So that is why you see a July approval date. It doesn't matter at all.

By the way, is your case is ROW or India or China? Congratulations again.