GC Approved :-)

overWait

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
Got the magical email today evening 8:45 pm EST about the approval of my GC. Luckly, I got the infopass appointment (Detroit) for tomorrow morning 10:00 am (next available is on 25th).

I applied for EAD renewal on 10th of this month and I guess it might have resulted because of that but LUD of my EAD hasn't changed yet.

My spouse GC is yet not approved and her LUD also hasn't changed yet.

I was wondering,
1. What documents to take for the stamping (I guess Passport, EAD & print out of appointment letter)
2. If anyone has any idea how long will it take for my wife to get her approval.

Guyz, you have been great not only knowledge wise but also in extending best possible help. I am greatful for that and would like to wish best for all of you.

Thanks for being around,

Gc

Congrats man! I have been waiting...pd: Sep 02.

(1) Your GC approval notice -original. Make a copy for your records because INS office will keep it.
(2) Any current EAD's
(3) Any Adv Parole document.
(4) PASSPORT
(5) Passport picture (2 for each person)

No Stamping...Spouse H4 expires this November.

Thanks Guyz.

I just came back from ASC Detroit and it wasn't as exciting as I had expected it to be. The officer asked me for the approval letter before stamping GC. I provided him the email approval but he insisted on the approval letter and suggested that he can stamp only when I have the approval letter coz email doesnot say if he needs to do my Bio.

Wonderinig if this has happened with anyone else at Detroit ASC.

Also I was wondering what happenes to my spouse status, who is on H4, after my GC approval that cancels my H1B status. Also her H4 and my H1 petition will expire this November and if by that time if she does not get her GC what happenes to her H4 status.

Please throw some light on this.

Spoke with immigration officer..

I just called USCIS and spoke with two customer service rep before being transferred to Immigration officer. I told them that my Wife's Visa and my H1B petition is expiring this November and I am planning to travel in November and then we will not be able to enter back in US.

Second rep did say my case looks lil unusual and transferred to Immigration Officer. But Immigration Officer didn't buy it and said until november her visa is valid and she can travel anywhere. Also its May now and by November her GC will be approved. I just hope he is right, I guess he didn't mean it.

Any thoughts?????

Since your GC is approved u r not on H1 any more and your wife status should be now AOS pending and not H4 anymore.

Regarding travelling u can always apply for Advance Parole for her and if she is interested in working u can file EAD too .

Take it easy ... don't worry so much and enjoy your life.