3) I485 - Future emp, RD: Aug 17, 2007
4) EAD/AP - AD:Oct 2007
5) FP - Dec 2007
6) RFE - LUD:6/4/08, Received: 6/9/08
7) RFE response sent - 6/30/08
8) Card Production Ordered - 8/21/08
Waiting for green card to arrive ....

Question:
I submitted EAD and AP for family (3) yesterday afternoon and GC was approved yesterday evening. Is there anyway to recall the EAD and AP as the packages have just been delivered today afternoon to mail room. Can I call somone to help (quiet a big amout - 4000)

1) EB2 - TSC, PD:Aug 2002
2) I140 - Labor sub, AD:Mar 2007
3) I485 - Future emp, RD: Aug 17, 2007
4) EAD/AP - AD:Oct 2007
5) FP - Dec 2007
6) RFE - LUD:6/4/08, Received: 6/9/08
7) RFE response sent - 6/30/08
8) Card Production Ordered - 8/21/08
Waiting for green card to arrive ....

Question:
I submitted EAD and AP for family (3) yesterday afternoon and GC was approved yesterday evening. Is there anyway to recall the EAD and AP as the packages have just been delivered today afternoon to mail room. Can I call somone to help (quiet a big amout - 4000)

Did you gave personal check? If so, stop payment.

Technically they should send you the whole package including checks.

Did you gave personal check? If so, stop payment.

Technically they should send you the whole package including checks.

Thanks and yes I have sent in personal checks.
I was thinking about stop payment, just too paranoid about it.

Your mention about returning the package and checks, is there a precedence or someone had a similar experience ???

Donot stop checks at your end.

Talk to USPS people/Fedex there shoud be a way to place a hold on the document.

stopping checks is not good idea.

Thanks for the advice, I was little nervous to take the step.
Having said that, would it help if I called someone at Texas Service Center?
I tried stopping the document (DHL), but it was delivered to the mail center.

I would suggest you to send a Fedex letter with the details of your payment and your GC approval details. (List all the check Numbers and amounts), provide copies of 485 for easy retrieval of your case

Request them to not to process your EAD and AP application as your GC is approved .

Provide your Cell # / Email so that they can communicate with you if required.

HTH

GCN

EB3 - PD 09/2002 - India

stop check today before you lose 4000, you can explain everything later to USCIS. the receipt notice is processed by USCIS clerks at front desk and all they know is to swap the check and get the amount debited from your account...

If you filed the I-485 on August 17 2007, why did you send checks for EAD and AP renewal? Did you pay the $1000+ fee per person when you filed the I-485? With the new $1000+ fee that became effective at that time, you get unlimited EAD and AP renewals at no extra charge.

Anyway, others who paid the all-inclusive $1000+ fee last year and sent in a fee for EAD/AP renewal this year have reported their checks being sent back. So hopefully they'll send back the checks, either because EAD/AP renewal is free for you, or because they realize your GC has already been approved.

I hope they will return your money as others have suggested. However, if due to clerical error the checks are being processed and the amount debited from your account then you can kiss those $4000 good bye. Once cashed, they will not issue any refund. You should seriously consider a stop payment on those checks. This is just my opinion. Please let us know what happens with your case.
MGM

With the new $1000+ fee that became effective at that time, you get unlimited EAD and AP renewals at no extra charge .

UUPSS : Just a mention : i think your statement here it is incorect !!! I think that if you paid that fee ( $1000+ ) , you'll get ONLY ONE ( first one ) EAD and AP aplication at no charge , and any renewal after that will request another specific charge fee !!! So , i do not think that it is " you get UNLIMITED EAD and AP renewals at no extra charge " , as you posted here !!! Maybe i'm wrong too , but probably there it is somebody else out there , who can help on this matter !!!;)

Last edited by a moderator: