GC approved...outside country

gc_2001

Registered Users (C)
I have a situation. My GC has been approved as of Oct 29. I currently don\'t have status in the US as I accepted a job in UK. I am currently on a work permit in UK. How do I get back into the US to get my GC stamped on my passport ? Will my not having status in the US be an issue ? I am not too sure if my previous employer has cancelled my H-1. Can the US consulate in London help me out ? My current employer is based in the US. They can always sponsor me an H-1 to enter the US again to get my GC stamped. Would that be a feasible option ( as far as legalities are concerned ? ) ?

Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance.

No Title

You cannot apply for an H1B since u are a PR already. Next thing is
you may be able to get a visitor\'s visa and get ur pp stamped.
Last but not least and I think this would be the correct one, you may have to go get your PP stamped at a US Consulate abroad and then get back using ur stamp. Your 485 pending status itself is a valid status to stay in the country but for re-entry while pending u need either a valid H1B visa or a Advanced Parole

I think...

Hi,

You should be able to get your Passport Stamped with GC Stamp at the Port of Entry.

Disclaimer: This is NOT a Legal advice. I\'m not responsible for any effects of anyone following this info. Do at your own risks. Consult a Qualified Immigration Attorney.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck and Best Wishes!

Have a good day.

Regards
Princess

No Title

My two cents:

Get a letter from you old employer, stating, that they are offering you a job, and willing to sponser you for a permanent one.
Mean while, prepare a letter stating that you went to UK, for a short assignment planning to return back, mean while your H-1 status expired and planning to go back. Have your approval notices with you and proceed to the consulate in UK. Present your case, they will able to help you in this regard. You got to present your case politely and in a truthful manner. I think, this is nota problem. Considering the situation, when people apply for a green card, and their H-1 expires they are out of status. The only think they have is EAD, which is not valid for entry/reentry to US. Given that scenario, the only difference is they are staying in US. Your case is exactly similar, except you left the country. It could be for several reasons, personal, emergency and so on. If you present yourself properly I think, there is no reason they will deny your case.
Give it a shot, you don\'t have anything to loose.