GC Approved & interview details

popple

Registered Users (C)
The interview was at the Denver office and was scheduled for 9.30am. We got there at 8.45am and were called in at 9.10. I don't recall the interviewers name but she was incredibly nice. We were told to raise our right hands and take the oath then she confirmed our contact details, names, etc and asked for my passport, I-94, SSN and my husbands ID.

Next she asked for evidence of our marriage and us cohabiting. I gave her every type of evidence I had with both our names. She said that was plenty and she didn't ask for photos. She even made a joke about how everything was in colored folders and organised and said I should go to her house to help organise her!

Then she commented on the GC being conditional at this point since we were only marrie din November, and asked my husband to confirm the signature on the I-130 application was his.

She then put the information into the computer and said she was going to see if she can approve me. She could, so I guess the name check had been successful, even though my biometrics was only 5 weeks ago. She told me that the GC was being produced and would be mailed to me within 30 days and warned me not to leave the country until I get the card. Finally, she wished us both a good day and we left the office at 9.25am - which is before were even meant to start the interview.

Thank you everyone who has replied to my questions, I hope that your GC application process goes as smoothly as mine has so far (although of course we have to hope nothing happens between now and the green card arriving in my mailbox).

there you go...

..I didn't notice this post until now. Great news, this confirms my belief that a submission after 1/03/07 is really going thru interviews only after name checks are complete. I think, you have broken a record in getting a GC in the shortest time. hearty congrats, visit your mailbox daily... :).

Great news, this confirms my belief that a submission after 1/03/07 is really going thru interviews only after name checks are complete.

On what basis are you saying that? They got the interview notice before the biometrics appointment. I doubt that name check can clear before the biometrics appointment.