GC approved in Sept 07. Still Waiting for the card!!!!!

Positive4GC

Registered Users (C)
My GC was approved in Sept 07. I got the approval notice. My wife got the approval notice and the card in a week from the approval date. I gave my Bio metrics in Oct 07, a month after my I-485 approval.

I'm still waiting for the card. Anybody in the same boat. Luckily, I got the approval stamped in the passport for one year till Dec 08. Today, when I called the Texas center, the lady told me that since EB3 dates are currently in May 01, I cannot get the card till it is current. Is this true.

Should I file for a replacement card, using I-90 application. Does it help or was she giving me proper info. Please help me what I should be doing in the current scenario.

Also, please cofirm if I can travel to India with the stamped passport that is valid till 12/08. Thank you all.

:mad::confused::(

Take an infopass appointment and explain them the situation.

My GC was approved in Sept 07. I got the approval notice. My wife got the approval notice and the card in a week from the approval date. I gave my Bio metrics in Oct 07, a month after my I-485 approval.

I'm still waiting for the card. Anybody in the same boat. Luckily, I got the approval stamped in the passport for one year till Dec 08. Today, when I called the Texas center, the lady told me that since EB3 dates are currently in May 01, I cannot get the card till it is current. Is this true.

Should I file for a replacement card, using I-90 application. Does it help or was she giving me proper info. Please help me what I should be doing in the current scenario.

Also, please cofirm if I can travel to India with the stamped passport that is valid till 12/08. Thank you all.

Take an infopass appointment and explain them the situation.

did you ever hear of such situation. last time i got my pp stamped thru infopass, she sent a mail to USCIS authorities. nothing worked till date. I opened a case with national customer service and they said they are still investigating the case.

but do you know, if i have to wait till priority dates become current. that sounds really odd to me.

Do know yet

I got welcome notice and approval notice email but no card production email yet.:confused:

Thanks

did you ever hear of such situation. last time i got my pp stamped thru infopass, she sent a mail to USCIS authorities. nothing worked till date. I opened a case with national customer service and they said they are still investigating the case.

but do you know, if i have to wait till priority dates become current. that sounds really odd to me.

No, IO's answer makes no sense. Keep calling TSC.

Today, when I called the Texas center, the lady told me that since EB3 dates are currently in May 01, I cannot get the card till it is current. Is this true.
That is absolute garbage. Once you've been approved, priority dates don't affect if and when you can get the physical card. Either she is an idiot, or you didn't properly explain that your case was already approved.

That is absolute garbage. Once you've been approved, priority dates don't affect if and when you can get the physical card. Either she is an idiot, or you didn't properly explain that your case was already approved.

It happened to a lot of people !!! Because of the workload , some people got aproved , but they realised that their PD is not current , and will delay their Card Production , until PD will be current !!! So , they do this because they do not want to cause future problems , lawsuits ...etc. , for unfair processing against the cases with current PD !!! I think that people who got aproved , should stay and wait peacefully until their PD is becoming current , and after that start pressing them with request for GC being sent !!!;)

It happened to a lot of people !!! Because of the workload , some people got aproved , but they realised that their PD is not current , and will delay their Card Production , until PD will be current !!!
If the card was approved in error because a visa number was assigned when the PD was not current, they should revoke the approval, not just delay production of the card.

My GC was approved on Aug 2007. Have passport stamped in November and went for India trip. There were no issues while returning back on the stamped passport.

I am still waiting for the card. Called TSC and opened the case. Not sure how long will it take.

If the card was approved in error because a visa number was assigned when the PD was not current, they should revoke the approval, not just delay production of the card.

That's the problem with all the aproved cases have to go thru , when the PD is not current !!! If they realise that the PD is not current , they just put their cases back on the waiting list until PD becomes current , and when Pd comes back current , they will go ahead with .... resume processing !!! Maibe you are frustrated about this ( so am i , but i see it from different perspective ) , but that's not a reason to revoke an aproval , that should be a reason for us to bring these mistakes to their attention , and also for them to try to organize themself better with the processing of the cases !!! This is not the aplicant's fault , that he got aproved ( because everything is right with his aplication , until the concern of PD issue ), it is USCIS fault for not doing their job the right way !!! The USCIS system it's so messed up , as proof they still don't know how to handle those cases they have in their hands !!! They ( USCIS ) need help ...BIG TIME !!!! As a result of this , we need plenty of patience ...;)

I explained everything clearly to the lady on the phone, and I agree she absolutely had no idea of what she was talking. Once approved, I do not think I should wait based on the priority date.
Anyways, I took an appointment at the local SC on Jan 31 and the officer was so cool. He looked at my case and mentioned that everything was clear and even the card production is complete and sitting at Nebraska service center and asked me to mail the I-90 application without any fees and I did that promptly on the same day. Hope to hear something from them soon.

But there are strange LUDs on my wife's approved I-485, my MOTIC application that was cleared back in 06 and my approved I-131s from 05, 06. Any ideas of what these could - mass update or anything else???