GC Approved in Miami, FL. on 8/14/07 !!!

Jojojolie

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys, I am so happy to share with you my wonderful experience at the Miami (FL) Office.
Our appointment was at 10:00 A.M. we got there at around 9:20 passed through security and handed our interview letter.

In the waiting room, not too many people, about 20 and a lot of kids.
We were called at around 10:50 by a late forty's to early fifty's man.
He did not smile, took us to his office, then swore us in.

First question he asked: You guys have a child together.
We both answered yes, then he asked for the child's birth certificate.(10-month old).
He then looked through our file and stamped the I-130 I believe.
He asked for our bank statements which we gave him then asked for the copies kept them and gave us the originals.

He asked for our passports, he took a look at them, returned my husband's and kept mine.
Then He said, " the Card you are going to have will be conditional and bla bla bla... and made us sign a paper stating that.
He then took his stamp and "STAMPED" my passport and said good for travel and work.
He asked me for my EAD (which I did not apply for) and my I-94.
Then we got up and said Thank You Sir.
Fifteen minutes in total...
I almost did not sleep the night before the interview, LOL

Congratulations Jojojolie!!! :D

I have a quick question for you:

Until when did the IO authorize you to work?

To my surprise, even though an I-551 stamp "serves as a temporary evidence of permanent residency for one year," employment authorization on the stamp has a separate "valid until" date. My IO filled it out with a pen giving me three months. How about you?

Congratulations Jojojolie!!! :D

I have a quick question for you:

Until when did the IO authorize you to work?

To my surprise, even though an I-551 stamp "serves as a temporary evidence of permanent residency for one year," employment authorization on the stamp has a separate "valid until" date. My IO filled it out with a pen giving me three months. How about you?

ttinatl,

on mine, the IO gave me 6 months

Hi ttinatl,

The IO wrote down valid until August 13, 2008.
So, I am not worried, even if card gets lost in the mail (lol)

Hi ttinatl,

The IO wrote down valid until August 13, 2008.
So, I am not worried, even if card gets lost in the mail (lol)

Thanks Jojojolie!

Interesting... I wonder why my IO gave me only three months. That could potentially cause me some trouble. Hopefully, it won't...

Eh, it's amazing how everything differs from one IO and/or DO to another, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Hey, PraetorianXI, don't forget to ask about me, when you go there on Friday. :D

Thanks Jojojolie!

Interesting... I wonder why my IO gave me only three months. That could potentially cause me some trouble. Hopefully, it won't...

Eh, it's amazing how everything differs from one IO and/or DO to another, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Hey, PraetorianXI, don't forget to ask about me, when you go there on Friday. :D

Give me your receipt number and I will :) Also, Power of Attorney ;)

Give me your receipt number and I will :) Also, Power of Attorney ;)

Sure, I'll PM you later. ;) :D

Actually, I'm going to wait until Friday and see what your experience was and possibly make an InfoPass appointment then. This coming Friday is the 17th, which makes it exactly one month since my interview. Post an update when you come back!

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Jojojolie! :D Once again, congratulations! I hope you get your card soon. :)

Sure, I'll PM you later. ;) :D

Actually, I'm going to wait until Friday and see what your experience was and possibly make an InfoPass appointment then. This coming Friday is the 17th, which makes it exactly one month since my interview. Post an update when you come back!

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Jojojolie! :D Once again, congratulations! I hope you get your card soon. :)

Lol. We got a hijacker! :eek:

I will let everyone know how my experience went. :)

How to get the passaport stamped??

If I take my Welcome letter to an infopass appt., will the officer stamp my passport??

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.
On August 1, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. (Received on Agust 5th).

Current Status: Card production ordered. On August 3, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.

Current Status: Approval notice sent. On August 8, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS.

Hi Guys, I am so happy to share with you my wonderful experience at the Miami (FL) Office.
Our appointment was at 10:00 A.M. we got there at around 9:20 passed through security and handed our interview letter.

In the waiting room, not too many people, about 20 and a lot of kids.
We were called at around 10:50 by a late forty's to early fifty's man.
He did not smile, took us to his office, then swore us in.

First question he asked: You guys have a child together.
We both answered yes, then he asked for the child's birth certificate.(10-month old).
He then looked through our file and stamped the I-130 I believe.
He asked for our bank statements which we gave him then asked for the copies kept them and gave us the originals.

He asked for our passports, he took a look at them, returned my husband's and kept mine.
Then He said, " the Card you are going to have will be conditional and bla bla bla... and made us sign a paper stating that.
He then took his stamp and "STAMPED" my passport and said good for travel and work.
He asked me for my EAD (which I did not apply for) and my I-94.
Then we got up and said Thank You Sir.
Fifteen minutes in total...
I almost did not sleep the night before the interview, LOL

Congratulations to you. Enjoy the fruits of your labor and remeber to cash your Check n the mail, forthe pain and suffering that USCIS, put you through.

Nope, no word. Still nothing. :(

When you say interview approved, did the IO tell you that you were going to receive the GC or said approved and forgot to mention FBI Check pending.
Did he talk about the stamp?
Did you receive the e-mail stating we welcome new permanent resident.
Because this really sound weird to me. Because the same day I got approved, I received the updated e-mails.
Try to call USCIS and ask them to check your file, if not schedule an Infopass.

I think she got approved July 17th and had cleared the FBI namecheck. The officer said to her "you will get it in two weeks".

But has received no email updates, no LUDs.

I am in the same situation (except is only been 9 days for me, not 4 weeks like her). And I have an Infopass tomorrow to inquire about the status and get my passport stamped.

We both believe our applications are hidden behind someones desk or something. Because it makes no sense! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
When you say interview approved, did the IO tell you that you were going to receive the GC or said approved and forgot to mention FBI Check pending.
Did he talk about the stamp?
Did you receive the e-mail stating we welcome new permanent resident.
Because this really sound weird to me. Because the same day I got approved, I received the updated e-mails.
Try to call USCIS and ask them to check your file, if not schedule an Infopass.

Jojojolie,

she got a stamp on her passport