GC approved, how long is wait for actual physical card ?

gcbayarea

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My USCIS case status says that

"On April 14, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

Approximately how long is the wait for the actual physical card ?

Thanks

Mine after the interview they never told us anything if I pass or fail. But after all, 4 or 6 weeks later I received my Green Card.

i-485 approved, no letter or gc in email...urgent travel..advice sought

Hi,

i sent an email to pittsburgh USCIS on the 23rd of may 2006 and reveived the response late in the afternoon that my case has been approved. this is what the email says :
"Your case has been approved. You will be notified by USCIS via correspondence with intructions as to what you need to do next in order to obtain your Permanent Resident Card. "

any idea how long the wait entails ? its been more than 11 business days and I am still waiting. any pointers would be most appreciated. I'm travelling to canada on the 25th of june. I emailed them in hope to get a temporary I-551 stamp but they told me to wait for the approval notice in mail. I already booked my tickets and resort etc. What are my options, if any ?

Thanks
Shon

falcyon said:
Hi,

i sent an email to pittsburgh USCIS on the 23rd of may 2006 and reveived the response late in the afternoon that my case has been approved. this is what the email says :
"Your case has been approved. You will be notified by USCIS via correspondence with intructions as to what you need to do next in order to obtain your Permanent Resident Card. "

any idea how long the wait entails ? its been more than 11 business days and I am still waiting. any pointers would be most appreciated. I'm travelling to canada on the 25th of june. I emailed them in hope to get a temporary I-551 stamp but they told me to wait for the approval notice in mail. I already booked my tickets and resort etc. What are my options, if any ?

Thanks
Shon

I am providing this information in case anyone will be interested as I would be. Our I485 are approved on 5/30, and another two LUDs come after and we had the physical green cards on 6/5 and 6/6. Friends of mine also said they don't need to have passport stamped since the card come fast.

received my card in 6 weeks

On June 9, 06, I went to downtown L.A. district office for I-751 approval stamping; the 10 year green card was received in the mail on July 24, 06. In other words, I got my card in 6 weeks, which is considered the average time line for card processing.