GC Approved for me and my family

Please review my situation and advise

Hi Taurus02/american gujju/jericho 02/bladerunner/Thakursahab

Thanks for all your inputs. Now I am in a dilemma.
My attorney says its OK to go and come back on H1 and do the stamping after I come back.The reason is my family members had gone to INDIA last month on H4 VISA.That is when their case is approved they are not in US.If I get my case stamped,my H1 status becomes void which in turn makes my family members H4 invalid.Then the attorney says my family members will find a problem in reentry to US.Many of my friends also express the same opinion since there is no validity period for passport stamping.

One of my friend told 2 months back in Arlington, they have collected his approval notice,EAD,AP --etc and then was informed INS will notify his schedule again within a month for passport stamping.Poor fellow did n't receive any information even after a month and could n't travel outside US even for family emergency.Finally this guy walked in one fine day and requested the officials and managed to get his case stamped practically falling at the officials feet.

The attorney says though the case is approved,as long as the stamping of passport is not done,the GC status can not be claimed.The attorney had not advised properly earlier otherwise I could have taken AP and my family members could have travelled on AP.Since they are currently on H4 ,this worries my situation. AVM message also says if you don' t receive your mail notice within 2 weeks ,please verify your address with INS.I am planning to leave on 07/29/02 on H1 i.e. exactly 13 days after approval,can I claim that since I have not received my original from attorney,I have not gone for stamping. Anyway I am going to carry a letter from my sponsored and current Employer that I am going on vacation from XX/XX/XXXX till XX/XX/XXXX and my services are continously required.

PLEASE ADVISE ASAP.