GC approved but PD not current

db joe

Registered Users (C)
My PD is 12/97, EB3, India. RD 08/99, ND 09/99. AVM at VCS says that my GC is approved as of 02/02/2001. What do I do ? I guess I will wait for the courtesy copy and decide. Should I get my pp stamped ? Should I wait for March PD to be announced and see if my PD is current before I do stamping ?
Do I inform INS about the error ? Should I wait until my PD becomes current before I get my PP stamped ? Lawyer says get PP stamped now.
Please advice. - thanks

No Title

This is really great news. Congratulations to you. I think you should go head and get it stamped.

No Title

Yes, an RFE was issued in Dec, 2000. INS received the reply on Jan 17th. The rfe was for a standard employment letter stating duties, salary, date of hire etc.

No Title

Is this true?I hope this is not a fake message by someone.Got get your
PP stamped buddy ASAP.Do not wait for antyghin.You dint do anything wrong.If INS approved it,then its their error for not checking the PD.

No Title

Congratulations! Go and get your PP stamped. I don\'t know on what basis INS process the GC. My PD is March 97 and still waiting and I am sure there are lot of people with PD much much earlier than me are also still waiting. Anyway, good luck to you and enjoy your freedom at last.

No Title

Yes this is true and not a fake message. I was surprised myself.
I feel a bit nervous to get my pp stamped because I read somewhere that the onus is on us to point out the error to INS because if INS
find out later on, they might start a process to withdraw the Green Card.
Also, I read somewhere that in future it might cause problems such as when I apply for citizenship.
thanks,

No Title

My I-140 was approved in EB2 catagory.

I spoke to my lawyer he says that my case was applied in EB3 and got approved in EB2.
    I have the receipt that says that it got approved in EB2 category.

So now what are the options for me.
    Any input is appricitaed

Thanks

No Title

I have seen a posting saying that INS denies the I-485 saying that
you applied for I-485 when the PD was not current. This is when INS realizes the error. Be careful.

No Title

Hi can you give me your phone number or email id i just want to talk to i am in the same boat waiting for approval

babu

No Title

I applied for I-485 in 99 oct, Eb3, Then I got another labor in EB2 and I 140. My lawyer said he sent a notofication to INS requesting moving my case from EB3 to EB2.

PD :jan 98
485 notice date : oct, 00

No FP yet, any suggestions please

No Title

DB joe,,

Can you give me your number or email id i am in same boat waiting for 485 approval

usababu

No Title

Hi db_joe ,

Congrats on the Approval. I wanted to find out what your lawayer\'s opinion about the GC approval before Pd\'s become current.

Will this be the case on all other pending cases too

thanks