GC Approved but EAD pending !!!

oracleuser

Registered Users (C)
I just called USCIS customer service number to ask if I can get my fees back for pending 3rd EAD since my GC is already approved. The expected answer was "NO, any application files with USCIS is NON REFUNDABLE" :rolleyes: I thought there is no harm in asking...

Tell them its nowhere mentioned in any form (or is it ?) that fees are non-refundable. Ask to speak to a supervisor, and tell them you expect a refund.

Originally posted by oracleuser
I just called USCIS customer service number to ask if I can get my fees back for pending 3rd EAD since my GC is already approved. The expected answer was "NO, any application files with USCIS is NON REFUNDABLE" :rolleyes: I thought there is no harm in asking...

I checked PDF version of I-765 form (EAD application/extension). PART 4 of this file says

"Applicants must pay a fee of $120 to file this form unless
noted below. If a fee is required, it will not be refunded."

The bottom line is, money is never refunded once you make check payable to USCIS for immigration related services (where you might not get your service in time even after paying money).

I have always filed EAD and AP myself.

Is it an easy procedure? Any chances of getting RFE's for renewals? if so, what kind? Pls check ur PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by joyd
Is it an easy procedure? Any chances of getting RFE's for renewals? if so, what kind? Pls check ur PM.

I have found it pretty straight forward. My GC got approved 10 days back. I have applied for 2 EAD's and 1 AP on my own and never for RFE for anything. I know of a friend who spends more than $500 per person for applying EAD through a lawyer.

I have found it pretty straight forward. My GC got approved 10 days back. I have applied for 2 EAD's and 1 AP on my own and never for RFE for anything. I know of a friend who spends more than $500 per person for applying EAD through a lawyer.

Thanks oracleuser, the corresponding forms are I-765 and I131 correct?

I just have to follow the instructions as per the following links correct?
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-131.htm
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-765.htm

Thanks
joyd.

joyd,

That's correct. Helps in saving some money than spending on lawyer's hourly fee. I would rather spend on my family OR save it for next EAD, AP extension ;)

Thanks Oracleuser. I couldn't agree more.