GC approved and backdated question

jubilee said:
usually the procedure don't go that way...If an immigration officer found backdating mistake ..he just denied the case.
double check ..your friend got to be refugee.

RIGHT.

curiousGeorge said:
When you apply for citiizenship, they pull your I-485 and related documents out of storage to verify that the information you provided on the N-400 is consistent with the records they have. Most people just get an RFE if the info does not match, but if they catch you in a lie, there is a slim chance that they could deny you citizenship simply for having an immoral character.

Get the date corrected.

RIGHT.

samird said:
I would file for citizenship as per the date on GC. They will not figure it out, you would not do anything illegal and the story ends there. Just to make it smooth, I would go to some midwest state and apply there.

CASE WOULD BE DENIED.

jubilee said:
well,do you no good to keep the wrong backdating( naturalisation officer gonna find out about it)...just go ahead and correct the mistake.

RIGHT.

taydawgg said:
Got the welcome notice and then the green card next day. NSC seems moving fast now.
I haven't received any email notice yet.
Interestingly, they used my asylum approval date as my resident since date, which is more than 3 years backdated! Should I call to correct it?

Asylum Approved 2003
ND at NSC 04/17/04
Bio Code 3 Done on 12/16/05
Welcome notice 08/05/06
GC at hand 08/06/06
Backdated to 2003

YOU HAVE TO SEND IT BACK FOR CORRECTION.

For financial aid and employment purposes asylees are considered perminant residents. For citizenship purposes, their permenant residence starts one year before the approval of a greencard application.

For those of you whose greencard is updated from the date of grant asylum, this primarily a mistake by the adjudicating officer. It is a blessing thing, and if it were happen to me I wouldn't bother correcting. Just apply your citizenship on time. It is a bad law that our greencard is bacdated one year even though we have been here for years. so for those whose greencards are backdated to the date of grant of asylum justice is service by mistake. The odds that the immigration officer at the citizenship interview will notice is low...so hang on to that...good luck..