GC Approved 05/14/2004.Welcome Notice on 05/10/2005,but Local office says I485 denied

crazy_newjersey

Registered Users (C)
My GC was approved a year ago and I had my passport stamped. I didn't get my Greencard and I have been following up on that. Finally on 05/10/2005, I received the Welcome Notice and when I went to the local office to restamp my passport, I'm told that their system indicates that my application was denied on 05/10/2005 and a communication was sent to me the same day. The only communication I got was the one for Welcome notice.
Has anybody been in the same situation as mine?
What do i do now?
Your inputs are appreciated..
Thanks

y did u wait one year for your GC???

it seems: something to do with u not getting GC (1 yr??)
could it be , u didnot persue to get your GC for a whole year?
it looks like : it is Attorney's JOb
good luck

I'm stumped!

I did try though. I waited for the usual 6 months and since then I have been calling them. Infact thats how I got the welcome letter. on March 12th 2005, an immigration officer told me that my file went to NRC by mistake without the card being ordered or made.
I sent a expedite request to VSC as that is the only way we can communicate with them and If I don't hear anything in 7 days, I'm planning on talking to my attorney. It sucks!!!

Here is what I have done so far..

:( 1. I sent a expedite fax to Vermont.
2. I sent the same expedite letter with copies of approval letter, welcome notice by overnight to vermont.
3. I sent an overnight G731V with postage paid self envelope
4. I called my congressman's office and explained the position. They are supposed to call me back monday or tuesday.
Lets see what happens. Its very very unfair that USCIS would give me the approval letter, stamp in my passport, then say its denied after a year.

Any input is always appreciated..
Thanks

if u did get ur passport stamped year back and didnt get ur green card then i think u should file for a replacment card. did u get ur approval letter and did u take it when u got ur passport stamped? if so take the same letter and ur passport to the local office or instead u can just make photocopies and file the application by mail , u can get the application from the ins website it also gives u the instruction as to where to file.

Once you are approved,

then you are a legal PR, there is no way they could deny you any more. INS needs to go through a whole process to revoke your PR if there is solid ground.

So talk to a lawyer and get it straight out.

The senator's office helped me sort out the issues...

and I got my passport stamped for 5 months.
So here is what apparently happened in my case.
USCIS approved my greencard without security clearance and I didn't get my card. When I called after 9 months they went over my case and actually denied my case, did security clearance and then re approved my case. Man.. Can you believe that. I should have waited until I got my card to open the champagne...or..citizenship...
Good luck everybody and thanks for your replies..
As always Thanks Rajiv Khanna..

crazy_newjersey said:
and I got my passport stamped for 5 months.
So here is what apparently happened in my case.
USCIS approved my greencard without security clearance and I didn't get my card. When I called after 9 months they went over my case and actually denied my case, did security clearance and then re approved my case. Man.. Can you believe that. I should have waited until I got my card to open the champagne...or..citizenship...
Good luck everybody and thanks for your replies..
As always Thanks Rajiv Khanna..
wow..thats something new :)

Crazy_Newjersey, What was the problem with your security check?

Can you give us more details why your security check made your 485 denaiel??

Did you involved in any crime before? Sorry the reason I am asking, generally 485 should be the easy procedure comparitivily 140.