GC Approval Received!!!!!

InQ4GC

Registered Users (C)
ND 11/05/99
FP 08/15/03
RFE 10/08/03
Online says Approved 10/30/03

What a relief!!!!

Waiting now for my other family members approval filed around the same time.

InQ4GC

RFE was different for each member of my family.
All of them asked for Medical.
Some asked for birth certificate, Bio Graphic information and 1 year continous proof of presence in US in form of tax returns or employment records.

InQ4GC

Originally posted by InQ4GC
ND 11/05/99
FP 08/15/03
RFE 10/08/03
Online says Approved 10/30/03

What a relief!!!!

Waiting now for my other family members approval filed around the same time.

InQ4GC

Congratulations!! So, they are actually approving applications filed in Nov 99.

Originally posted by cider_or
alanpero2, to my knowedge, you just walk in any time with the approval letter.

Yes, that's correct. The approval notice advise you to go to the local office during business hours.

Hi Alanpero,

Is REF must for approval? Or can I-485 be approved without even asking for REF? When I filed my I-485 I had submitted all documentary evidence including medical certificate etc.

One more question,

My RD says 11/09/1999 while ND is 12/08/1999. Now when I checked my status online, it says RD 12/08/1999. I printed out the notice published on BCIS website which says anyone filed before 11/16/1999 should contact BCIS and sent them with my copy of orginal receipt which says ND is 11/09/1999. I also contacted my Congressman. He also enquired about me case and confirmed my RD on 11/09/1999 which matched with my original. But online/automatic/live help say 12/08/1999. Which one should I trust?

I already had my FP on 8/24/1999.

Please advice..

Last edited by a moderator:
95% of the people receive RFEs.

Even if they submitted all required documents, the INS could ask for new medical exam.

I-485 can be approved without RFE.
They go by the RD to approve the I-485's applications.

Originally posted by Azadindian
Hi Alanpero,

Is REF must for approval? Or can I-485 be approved without even asking for REF? When I filed my I-485 I had submitted all documentary evidence including medical certificate etc.

One more question,

My RD says 11/09/1999 while ND is 12/08/1999. Now when I checked my status online, it says RD 12/08/1999. I printed out the notice published on BCIS website which says anyone filed before 11/16/1999 should contact BCIS and sent them with my copy of orginal receipt which says ND is 11/09/1999. I also contacted my Congressman. He also enquired about me case and confirmed my RD on 11/09/1999 which matched with my original. But online/automatic/live help say 12/08/1999. Which one should I trust?

I already had my FP on 8/24/1999.

Please advice..

Congrats InQ4GC!

A question for you, when they asked RFE, did they put the info online? I did the FP at about the same time as you, but didn't get any response yet. I wonder if they sent any RFE to my old address (I did update my address with them), I know sometimes they mistakely send things to your old ones.

Thanks.

How is your case going, Irina?

If you still have not received your approval, you should do something about it.

Sea_Blue,

Once they send you an RFE it shows up online and once you submit the RFE info asked it also updates within three days as "we have received the information you sent..."
If your Notice Date (not receipt date) is before 11/15/99 then you must call the 800 number and ask the officer to put in an enquiry for you.

I am in touch with many Asylees personally and the pattern is the same. Wait for FP then RFE and then approval. I think no one looks into our files till the FP is cleared and received and then only they see what all is missing and ask us for RFE. My family members each had different requests for RFE info.

Also if FP done long ago like 99 then they will ask FP again as the FBI checking system had changed since 9/11.

Compared to the old INS the BCIS is much more organized and we can atleast know what is happening.

Hope this helps,

InQ4GC

Thanks InQ4GC, it is a big help. Unfortunitely, my ND is 11/17/99, guess still need to wait some time.

Thanks InQ4GC, it is a big help. Unfortunitely, my ND is 11/17/99, guess still need to wait some time.