GC approval rationale ?

gcfarmer

Registered Users (C)
Can Mr. Rajiv K's office explain the rationale behind GC approvals ?

I mean, how come 2001 485 filers are still pending and 2002 485 filers are getting approved ? Shouldn't there be a sequenced (FIFO - First-in-first-out) approach to atleast opening the GC application by BCIS ? Is it possible for Mr. Rajiv's office to get an answer to this question from BCIS on behalf of the pending filers ?

It is frustrating to see the same message: let's say u are not getting second FP, or your online status isn't changing, it is the same as it was 1 & half OR 2 years ago, and u see approvals for other cases which have been filed much later....? Am not only speaking for my case but 1000s others who might have filed before me...It's not that i want an approval before others, but atleast the process should be fairly predictable and sequenced, so that atleast u can approximate that ur approval will be happening in so & so month. The current processing date (for 485) says something like Jan'2002. But there are cases filed in 2001 which haven't seen any status change, and there are even approvals for Nov'2002, how do u explain that ?

Seems to me if somebody is stuck in this situation, then he is simply stuck, u just have to be lucky to get an approval (just like lottery), if u are not lucky, then just keep waiting..and..waiting...
BCIS seems to work in a haphazard manner in all cases, whether it be FP process, 485 approval process or anyother process for that matter. Meanwhile, u just continue to pay hefty taxes with ur hard earned money, with no plans for your future, since u don't know whether u are going to stay in this country or not...

Thanks for reading this far into this boring mail,
RD - June'2002:confused:

It looks like there are two drivers to this apparently "random" process:

1. They are doing it sequentially if your case is a slam-dunk. If there is any reason to doubt the legitimacy of your 485 application, I believe you are then set back in the queue.

2. Yes, they have been jumping forward to other dates to avoid a 2nd FP. However, % wise that's a small number compared to the cases approved for Jan, Feb, March 2002 which seem to be on their table currently.

Of course, the main beef is against their taking 2+yrs for the "slam-dunk" cases. It used to under a year for the last few years and even less if you go back to the early 90s (more like 6 months at that time). I think part of the problem is the flood of 485s filed by IT guys who showed up in the US in the late 90s to work on Y2K in addition to participating in the economic boom at that time. Throw in 9/11 and you have a recipe for a go-slow attitude on their side.

Originally posted by resolved1
It looks like there are two drivers to this apparently "random" process:

1. They are doing it sequentially if your case is a slam-dunk. If there is any reason to doubt the legitimacy of your 485 application, I believe you are then set back in the queue.

2. Yes, they have been jumping forward to other dates to avoid a 2nd FP. However, % wise that's a small number compared to the cases approved for Jan, Feb, March 2002 which seem to be on their table currently.

Of course, the main beef is against their taking 2+yrs for the "slam-dunk" cases. It used to under a year for the last few years and even less if you go back to the early 90s (more like 6 months at that time). I think part of the problem is the flood of 485s filed by IT guys who showed up in the US in the late 90s to work on Y2K in addition to participating in the economic boom at that time. Throw in 9/11 and you have a recipe for a go-slow attitude on their side.

IMHO there is no rationale at all. As somebody pointed out now they may be trying to follow a FIFO to some extent after the lawsuit. Beleive me guys they are not as much sure as we are not. It is just that typical govt bueracracy that is going on and the fact that they want to keep immigration under check which may be a hidden agenda.

Another frustrated waiter!!!

Some things in life don't make any sense...........not even hard work can change it. Accept the truth of life. This is the adventure in life or else it will be so boring.