GC approval documents

StillAlive

Registered Users (C)
Recently got green card approval, so far I have received "Welcome Notice" and "Physical Card", are there any other documents to receive from USCIS like "Approval Notice"?

I received the card and approval notice but not welcome notice. May be TSC does not like to welcome us!
You are fine if you have received the card and welcome notice.

I believe the card itself is documentary proof, as it has a document number (I-551) and it is sufficient proof to show to your employer to update the I-9 form.

I received the card and a welcome notice, no approval notice. It would appear that the notice itself is an afterthought at this stage - the card is probably sufficient for all purposes - it contains your I-485 receipt number, your signature, photo, etc. Oh, and a tiny image of all the Presidents of the USA so far!

Thanks guys, I had this confusion since my 7 year old son received approval notice and not me. Also in his notice they said biometrics is required before issuing card and they will setup the date for biometric within 90 days. Is this normal 7 year old child needs biometric, if yes should I wait for 90 days or any other way to get this done. Reason I want to get out of this paperwork is, I am moving to my new place in couple of months, I don;t want more hassles.

I believe the card itself is documentary proof, as it has a document number (I-551) and it is sufficient proof to show to your employer to update the I-9 form.

I received the card and a welcome notice, no approval notice. It would appear that the notice itself is an afterthought at this stage - the card is probably sufficient for all purposes - it contains your I-485 receipt number, your signature, photo, etc. Oh, and a tiny image of all the Presidents of the USA so far!

Hi Marooned42,

Did I miss your approval? In that case please accept my belated congratulations.

Hi
My 8 yr old daughter got approval notice and the FP (code 2) notice the same day. Am pretty sure your son's FP notice will be there soon. If you are in a hurry, take an infopass and try to get them to issue a FP notice. Once the Fp is taken, things move very fast. I remember my daughter had a LUD the same afternoon and card ordered email the same night. So make sure your get the FP notice ASAP if you are moving shortly.
Good Luck.

Thanks guys, I had this confusion since my 7 year old son received approval notice and not me. Also in his notice they said biometrics is required before issuing card and they will setup the date for biometric within 90 days. Is this normal 7 year old child needs biometric, if yes should I wait for 90 days or any other way to get this done. Reason I want to get out of this paperwork is, I am moving to my new place in couple of months, I don;t want more hassles.

I was thinking about that, do we need to wait for certain number of days before we meet officer at Info Pass. If they say no can I atleast have them stamp his passport based on his approval notice. Any way I am planning to goto Infopass for my wife pending application.

Hi
My 8 yr old daughter got approval notice and the FP (code 2) notice the same day. Am pretty sure your son's FP notice will be there soon. If you are in a hurry, take an infopass and try to get them to issue a FP notice. Once the Fp is taken, things move very fast. I remember my daughter had a LUD the same afternoon and card ordered email the same night. So make sure your get the FP notice ASAP if you are moving shortly.
Good Luck.

Did I miss your approval? In that case please accept my belated congratulations.

Thank you! I was approved on Aug 21st, one of those days comparable to July 13th or the past 2 days in terms of approvals per day. Thankfully, there were no problems in getting my card, despite being told as late as a week earlier that my biometrics hadn't been uploaded. Weird system they have there - perhaps a chance to do some contracting work for USCIS to overhaul their systems to make them more streamlined.

How was your Quebec city trip? I was planning to do a QC+Montreal trip, then decided to postpone QC trip to next summer, during it's 400th birthday celebrations (or some such). So I'm off to Montreal to "test" my GC next week! :)

How was your Quebec city trip? I was planning to do a QC+Montreal trip, then decided to postpone QC trip to next summer, during it's 400th birthday celebrations (or some such). So I'm off to Montreal to "test" my GC next week! :)

We had to postpone the trip to next year too. I don't know something came up. We're off to Italy next week so we'll get to test our GC then :)