Garden City, NY

Iam so mad!!!

This is unbelivable!!!This is discrimination!!!BCIS should at least inform the applicant what is going on with his/her application!!!!

PS:15 months after my case was transferred to NYC...no news about it yet...

Garden City, NY is in Long Island you can get there by going up Hempstead Turnpike or the Long Island Expressway.

Last edited by a moderator:
11 months and still waiting for approval from garden city since interview on 8-03. Contacted senator in May waiting time for reponse about 12 weeks. Wrote garden city no reply for 2nd time. Next month will be a year. If nothing by august last resort will be a law suit, hope it doesn't have to reach that far.

J4life95 said:
11 months and still waiting for approval from garden city since interview on 8-03. Contacted senator in May waiting time for reponse about 12 weeks. Wrote garden city no reply for 2nd time. Next month will be a year. If nothing by august last resort will be a law suit, hope it doesn't have to reach that far.
This is unbelievable!!!Do you know other people with similar case?I never heard that...not 11 months waiting for approval after interview!
I really hope that they approve your case soon.Good luck!

:mad:
J4life this is extremely frustrating!! I hope you will go again to GC and talk to somebody, it is so draining.
I would expect to have my interview also in Garden City ..hope it will happen soon ..but your experience is making me so, so worried.
Which Congressman/woman did you contact?

Interview experience in Garden City

Guys, I hope everybody on this thread who are dealing with Garden City and members of this forum in general benefit from reading my interview experience today at Garden City. I will write the salient points of my interview today:
1. RD March 2002 I485 EB3
2. Received 2nd FP notice and interview letter one month back. Did that 2nd FP.
3. Interview was today. Took my lawyer with me as it was an AC21 case as I changed employers AFTER 180 days of being with the petitioning employer. Almost same job description, different title, different state, pay is now higher than my LC pay.
4. I strongly suggest taking a lawyer if you have an AC21 case or any other non-straightforward case. My lawyer was simply superb with all this.
5. Interview at 930AM, plenty of free parking.
6. Office asked me to take the oath, index fingerprint and signature.
7. Officer was extremely polite, professional, very courteous, friendly and not-to-mention very thorough with her work. Knew exactly what she was doing.
8. Garden City in general handles fewer cases and hence they tend to be more thorough as they have more time than federal plaza. They take their time and ensure that they double check everything and verify everything.
9. Officer asked me for my passport, looked at my expired H1B visa and I-94, asked me the genral questions on current address and if I had commited any crimes etc etc.
10. Asked for EVL. COmpared that very very carefully and thoroughly with that on my labor cert approval. She did not care at all about the title, only the job description and ensured that the salary was equal or higher than that on my labor cert.
11. She asked me to recite what I did at work and compared that to what was written. Title does not matter, she confirmed that for me. She also asked me the meaning of some of the technical terms in my job description.
12. She asked when I quit my petitioning employer and ensured by looking at my RD that I was there 180 days. She asked when I started my current job.
13. SHe asked for company annual report to ensure that it was a big company that could pay my wage.
14. SHe asked how many employees the company had.
15. SHe asked for my past 3 years tax returns with W2 for all of them.
16. She asked for my current EAD card.
That's all. After this, she said my card will be mailed to me once my security check clears which apparently will be on 26th Aug. She was content with all the documents as it satisfies AC21 law. She did not ask for paychecks, birth certificate, or anything else but what I mentioned abobe. My medical check is also 2years old and she did not bother with that either as per the law, it is valid until adjudication.
Only issue is my wife has not recd her interview or 2nd FP notice yet so have to go through all this again once she gets her interview call! So, the saga has not ended yet. Anyway, hope this helps you all and let me know if there are any specific questions. All in all, interview was starightforward and garden city is very polite and proffesional although very thorough.

Hi rchacra_gc

Thanks for all your info. about your interview.If I understood they did not stamp your passport rigth? You are going to have to wait for security check clear and them will receive the card.Good for you!I hope they approve your wife's case soon.
We are going to have our interview this comming monday at Federal Plaza.We really hope that they approve and stamp our passports,will see...I will post details. Iam a little nervous...

rchakra_gc

Do you remember the name of the officer that interviewed you, was it a spanish lady? It's been 1 year after I had my interview there and I'm still waiting for a decision, I don't know if it's finerprint checks or what... only God knows..

Tata2003: Thanks! If your case gets approved, they will stamp your passport at Federal Plaza. Garden city has stopped stamping passports even if they approve but federal plaza stamps still. So you are in better shape. Good luck and let me know how it goes. Yes, waiting for my card after the security check goes through (fingerprint).

J4life: Dont remember name, but it was not a spanish lady, it was a caucasian woman. I think what is going on with you is that your security check is still pending. As I understand based on what the officer told me, the security check consists of 2 parts, the name check and the fingerprint. The name check takes the longest (could be even one year deoending on your name commoness), The fingerprint takes few weeks. I think your name check is what is pending. Once that comes through, they should approve your case. I think you should go personally to Garden City and inquire the status on your case and ask if he issue is the name check or not. It will atleast give you peace of mind. But, I think u are okay as if not, u would have received an RFE or NOID denial letter by now. I am 99.9% sure it is your name check that is taking time. In my case also, my name check is done but my FP is taking time and that is why they did not approve me then and there. Good luck.

Hello! Here is the good news!

We got our cases approved and passports stamped after interview today!We are very happy!

We got there 7:45am our interview was scheduled for 8:30am,they took our FP and signature and told us to have a seat.My lawyer showed up at 9:00am,I was already very nervous...It took us 4 hours until they called our name and then I was told that they were waiting for me to let them know when my attorney was there...(We did not know that,not even the attorney)we had to wait another hour,then,they finally called us.
The interview took about 30 minutes,they asked us simple questions like,full name,date of marriege,D.O.B for the kids and husband,type of job,how long at the same job,I.Ds,employment letter,income taxes,pay stubs,medicals.She kept copies of bith and marriege certificates.Then she checked the computer name background and FP results.Finaly she said that case was okay and she was going to stamp the passports.She asked for EADs and I-94s and we had to wait another 45 min. in the waiting room,while she was taking care of the passports.
Stamp is valid for one year,and she told us that we are allowed to change jobs and travel outside US with the stamps.
This is a great day for us! And a long journey is now over.I thank God for this dream came true,this website,this forum,thanks to all,and do not loose your hope your day is comming soon!
God bless you all! Many thanks to everyone!!!
RD:02/01/2002
ND:02/15/2002
AD:08/09/2004
Process took 3.5 years.

congratulations

All is well that ends well :)
Now please wish me luck for my interview.

I have a very uncommon last name, I don't think that it's name check because the officer never mentioned anything about that. All she said that when she receives the documents that she requested 1 year ago then she would make a decision on the case. She said that everything is fine.

Congratulations Tata2003

You finally made it. I am not able to spend time in posting in these forums because of the restrictions in office.

But I read all the posts when I get time. I don't know when my case is going to be there. But your posts and informations gave me a good idea on how to take this easy..

Thanks once again..

One year and still waiting for a decision on my case in Garden City.. had interview last year on Aug 28th... Wrote several times.. even wrote a senator still haven't heard anything.. I think that I've exhausted every resource that is available to me.. How much longer do I have to wait.? Now I'll have to renew my work permit for the 3rd time if I don't hear anything by the end of Sept..

Last edited by a moderator:
Still no answer.

Hi,

I know how you feel by not receiving anything for a year. My and my moms/her husbands interview was conducted in Garden City, NY on June 15, now its been almost 3 months - still nothing as well. Name check, fingerprints are approved already. My mom went to the office and asked what's going on. They said - the officer still didn't make a decision on the case and when they tried to call him down from his office - they found out that he was sent to work to California. They don't know when he's coming back. And they're saying that he's the only one who can make a decision. Don't know what to do. How about you ? Did you get anything from them yet ?