Garden City Interview Exp

hegdeananth

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys:
I had my interview today at garden city. Interview was at 9:00 AM, we reached there by 8:00 AM. Frist they asked us to wait at the room downstairs. Around 9:00 they called all people who had 9:00 Appt. They took us to the second floor and we were made to wait there. DA's who had your case were coming in and calling your names. After about 30 minutes, we were called in.
Here is what happened
1) He asked us for our passports and State IDs.
2) He asked for our wedding album.
3) He asked me for all the statements and utility bills we had.
4) He asked for the tax returns.
I put all the above on his desk.
All the while he was going through our application making some markings here and there.
He then looked at our IDs and retunred them.
5)He asked my wife where we met
6)He asked her when we got married
7)He asked me what Company I workedfor
8) He asked each of us seperatley if we were married or had children
8) He looked at our album and took out some important photos for his file(He definitley knew which ones were more important :eek: )
10)He took all statements I gave him and put them in his file
11)He checked the tax returns(last year) and made sure numbers were above poverty i guess and kept the tax returns for his file
12)A lot morewriting and stamping of dates on documents continued.
13)He then asked me 3 of the usual Yes/No questions like are you a terroriist e.t.c
14) he asked me my address
15) He then wrote on my passport something and said Congratulations! You passed the interview. You will get your final decision by June 2nd(i.e in 6 weeks) following security clearance
16) He then asked me when my finger printing was done. he then printed out some docs and confirmed that security clearence was still pending.
That was it!!
He told us we were done and we could leave.
It was really a cakewalk for us.
I hope my security clearance gets through quickly and I get my card soon.

Below is my
Case update

Jan. 25/07 I-130/I-485/I-765 Mailed to Chicago
Jan. 28/07 RD I-130/I-485/I-765
Jan. 31/07 ND I-130/I-485/I-765
Feb. 23/07 FP I-485/I-765
Feb. 28/07 LUD I-485/I-765
Mar. 02/07 I/485 NOA for Interview
Mar. 29/07 LUD I-485/I-130
Apr. 17/07 EAD Approved and Card ordered
Apr. 17/07 AOS Interview
Green Card: Approved Pending Security Clearence

congrats

Congratulations.

This seems quite speedy.

When you mailed out your package in January, did you send the I-864 with supporting documents and did you send the medical as well??

Cause i am thinking if you already sent the I-864 with supporting documents, why did he ask for tax returns at the interview?? Did he ask to see W-2 forms too??

Yes I had sent in I864 and I693 along with my initial application.
He probably wanted to see the original Tax returns since i had sent copies.
He had my W2 copies, he just checked the originals(w2) which were with the tax returns. He did not keep the original W2 though.

Thanks for your feedback.

One more thing, did he also ask for pay stubs for the past two months and your sponsor's birth certificate.

(I am getting ready to file and my interview will also be at Garden City.)