GA DMV experience...Advice please!


Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody,
I know that we all have to be with patience to get EAD and then SSN to get a driver licenses, but my husband is going out of the country for a period of time and I need to drive to do normal stuff and pay things. But so far I just have my NOA's and waiting for my fingerprinting appointment.

We have been trying in several times to get a really accurate information from the GA DMV website and call center and the SSA office. So far what I have is this:
1. Get a SSN denial form SSAL676 from SSA.
2. Go with the form SSAL676, passport, NOA's, birth certificate to the DMV.

Now the DMV told me that I have to bring my valid I-94. I don't have a valid I-94 is already expired duhh! I told them ma'am I applied for adjustment of status- while you are pending you are in an authorized stay until you received a denial or the USCIS granted your case- and I applied while my I-94 was still valid, I didn't see the point to ask for extend my I-94 since I applied for AOS already.

Do somebody has the same experience or I just has to spend money in taxis and be an expert on buses and trains? There are places that the public transportation don't go.

Thanks for your advice!


Registered Users (C)
Oh BTW I didn't apply for AP because I don't need to get out of the country, it is better to apply for it just for DL cases? thanks.


Registered Users (C)
do u have to have ss# in order to get a license in GA?
My brother is in GA on a tourist visa,with valid I-94,but he doesn't have a SS#.He might need to drive,I haven't had a chance to check with DMVs yet,but has anyone had any experience?


New Member
Same Issue Here DL on B1 visa

Hi Friendz!!!

I just came here CA - San Jose on 23 rd OCT 2005, I have valid I-94 upto Jan 2006.

I would like know How to Apply for Drivinf Licence, Where?

What else Do I need to furnish for the DL in CA - San Jose State.

I would like to is this Possible to get DL with the above status ?

Any information , URL WEb sites related to this pls refer me .


B. Reddy


Registered Users (C)
Just make a search in google about DL in San Jose, CA and look for the goverment sites. I think that you will be able to get one since you have a valid I-94, the only thing is that will be until your I-94 is valid.
Good luck,