G325A form question

AbyRai

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
I am filling up the G325A form to submit with I130. Got couple of questions:
I know I have to fill 2 G325A, one by the petitioner and one by the beneficary.
In form G325:
1. An option says, This form is submitted in connection with application for:
a. Naturalization
b. Status as Permanent resident
c. Other (Specify)

What option should I select? My wife is a GC holder and she is the petitioner.

2. The form specifies about Applicant Name and Aliend Reg. number and sign.

Should I fill in my name and sign it. and my wife will fill her form and sign it.
or She has to fill the above info on both the G325A forms.

I know these are basic questions, but I don't want any RFE later..so Please help me..I will appreciate it.

Thanks
-Aby

If it is with the I-130 and I-485, you would select b. Status as Permanent resident. Fill in your name and sign on your G325A and your wife should fill in her name and sign on her G325A.

AbyRai said:
Hi Guys,
In form G325:
a. Naturalization
c. Other (Specify)

Should I fill in my name and sign it. and my wife will fill her form and sign it.

I know these are basic questions, but I don't want any RFE later..so Please help me..I will appreciate it.

Thanks
-Aby

You put your data on your G325A, and sign it. Your wife puts her data and signs her G325A.
But it makes more sense to me if you check the box "b. Status as Permanent resident", and your wife checks "c. Other (Specify)" with a note "I-485 for spouse".
Either way you should be fine!

I'm sure you would be fine with b or c; however, I chose b. My thought process was that I am filing the G325A as part of the I-130. I filed the I-130 with the I-485 (permanent resident). If it weren't for the I-485, I wouldn't be filing an I-130 because it would serve no purpose really. The whole package (I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765) is part of the permanent resident application process.

AbyRai said:
Hi Guys,
In form G325:
a. Naturalization
c. Other (Specify)

Thanks
-Aby

Whilw filling out G325 form for my previous I 140 application, I made a mistake while entering duration of employment for one of my employers. I am getting ready to file my second I 140. Would it be ok If I enter the correct dates now or should I just go with the previous dates ( only 3 months difference) ?
Thanks

Well, if it were me, I would put the same dates as the other filed G325A. I don't know the official answer, but from my work as a CPA, I've learned that when it comes to some government forms (like IRS forms especially), it's sometimes better to be consistently wrong than to be inconsistent. If USCIS asks you about it, it will probably be during an interview, at which point you could just explain the oversight.

jadoo85 said:
Whilw filling out G325 form for my previous I 140 application, I made a mistake while entering duration of employment for one of my employers. I am getting ready to file my second I 140. Would it be ok If I enter the correct dates now or should I just go with the previous dates ( only 3 months difference) ?
Thanks

A question

Hi all

G325A is filed with I-485 ; I-485 is filed for adjustment of status by alien;
Why do you say the sponsor also fillup G-325A?.

thanks
VJ

If you're petitioning for an alien spouse, you do this by filing the I-130 (either before the I-485 or concurrently) in order to establish the relationship. The alien can't file a I-485 to adjust status just because they want to, somene has to petition for them first (if they are going the family-based route), thus the I-130. The I-130 instructions specifically state...

"A completed and signed Form G-325A, Biographic
Information, for you and a Form G-325A for your
husband or wife.
Except for your name and signature,
you do not have to repeat on the Form G-325A the
information given on your Form I-130 petition."

vsriniva said:
Hi all

G325A is filed with I-485 ; I-485 is filed for adjustment of status by alien;
Why do you say the sponsor also fillup G-325A?.

thanks
VJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello!

Can somebody help me to fill out some box in G-325A? In prticular what is mean "Alien Registration Number"? Where can I get it?

vlsergey77 said:
Can somebody help me to fill out some box in G-325A? In prticular what is mean "Alien Registration Number"? Where can I get it?
It's the 9 digit A number on your I-94 (white card). If you don't have it, put N/A.

That means, the 9 digit number on I-94 card with H1 stamped can be used as "Alien Registration Number"?
I was under the impression that H1B guys don't have any A number.
Any body clarify?

I thought an A# becomes available or created once I130 gets processed and accepted with a confirmation notice.
Any clarification will be much appreciated.

AbyRai said:
That means, the 9 digit number on I-94 card with H1 stamped can be used as "Alien Registration Number"?
I was under the impression that H1B guys don't have any A number.
Any body clarify?
Well, does it have the letter "A" in front of the number. If not, then it's not the alien number. ;)

Yes AbyRai, H-1B holders don't have an A-number.

Yes Wulfin, when you file I-130 (concurrently or not) you will receive an A-number on your I-797C "Notice of Action" form.

If you haven't got an A-number simply put "None".

dr_lha said:
Yes Wulfin, when you file I-130 (concurrently or not) you will receive an A-number on your I-797C "Notice of Action" form.
Right. However, that's not the only case one could have an A number.
Refugees, parolees get an A number a the airport when they arrive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anahit said:
Right. However, that's not the only case one could have an A number.
Refugees, parolees get an A number a the airport when they arrive.
Yes, I meant specifically for someone who doesn't have an A-number and is applying for AOS, more specifically an H-1B visa holder.

dr_lha said:
Yes, I meant specifically for someone who doesn't have an A-number and is applying for AOS, more specifically an H-1B visa holder.
And I meant to clerify it for wulfin, who "thought an A# becomes available or created once I130 gets processed and accepted with a confirmation notice", that it's not the only case.

A# gets generated for an applicant when the I-485 application is entered in the USCIS database.

-If you are a LPR, you definitely have an A#
-If you are a naturalized USC, you have an A#
-If you a USC by birth, then you dont have an A#
-If you are an F-1 visa holder, you might have an A# associated with your OPT. This is only a file number and is not to be confused with the Alien #
-Ahem... the number on the I-94 is NOT the Alien #, it probably is the file number. (Not sure abt refugees/parolees) :)

Now, if you dont have an A#, you either write N/A or None on your application. I would say write "N/A" but i am sure pintu is going to jump on me and mention that "none" is the correct option :) Either ways, it doesnt matter. Your application will not be rejected.