G-28 Question

mysticbeach

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am changing my job using AC21. I am planning to submit new G-28 with my new lawyer and want revoke previous company lawyer's G-28. Do I need submit one G-28 for me and my dependent(spouse) or do I need to submit seperate G-28 for each 485 application(one for me and one for my spouse). My lawyer is saying that one G-28 will cover mine and my spouse 485 applications. Is that true? Please share your experiances.

-MB

I wish I had a suggestion for you, but do you not trust the new lawyer that you have hired for yourself?

Stoned!

Its not a question of trust. It is a confusion. I was under impression that every 485 case should have G-28 eventhough it is primary or dependent. Now I came to know that only primary will file G-28 not the dependents. So I want to know from real experiences.

-MB

This may be bad advise but I'd advise you against using a lawyer unless absolutely necessary. Revoke the old G-28 and represent yourself.
I have rarely heard of competent immigration attorneys. These forums are filled with tales of woe due to inept lawyers.
Just represent yourself and hang out in these forums and you'll pick up quite a bit of very useful knowledge.
Bonus: you get to save big $$

Hi,

I am changing my job using AC21. I am planning to submit new G-28 with my new lawyer and want revoke previous company lawyer's G-28. Do I need submit one G-28 for me and my dependent(spouse) or do I need to submit seperate G-28 for each 485 application(one for me and one for my spouse). My lawyer is saying that one G-28 will cover mine and my spouse 485 applications. Is that true? Please share your experiances.

-MB

I am not an expert on this matter but I think you need to submit 2 G28 that is what my attorney's office did for my self and my wife.

Thanks