FYI....

That means they'll start AOS after Dec 9 (after 2 weeks of this announcement by INS dude)!! Or just wait for them to naturalize another dude from a "suspected" terrorist organization.

EAD/AP received within 3 months.

My wife filed I485/EAD/AP early august. She got her AP about 5~6 weeks ago, and EAD about 2 weeks ago. I guess the reason she got hers so quick is because I filed my I485 in March.

Not a peep!

Haven't heard from INS wrt my AP or EAD. Was not expecting EAD so soon (applied a couple of months ago), but AP has been taking forever!

NV2001 could you post your EAD Details please?

Thanks

AP approved

My AP and EAD renewals were filed on 7th Oct 02.
Receipt date 15 Oct 02.
Online status says that the AP is approved on 26th Nov. Yet to receive it. My be because of the long weekend in between it is taking a little longer to arrive ( I hope so!)

Ramakriya

Looks like they started approving cases again. Soon we will see 485 approvals too(Hopefully).

ttstorm/ramakriya, Which service center you belong to?

PS

Last edited by a moderator:
I think in general maybe INS has started to move again. Yesterday I saw a case change from Resumed to RFE sent, that reflects a new case picking. Hope it continues.

Interesting

Don't know what those bloody buggers are doing to my AP. I applied a couple of weeks before ramakriya.

This has been the longest since I have bothered my lawyer/paralegal. :) Two whole months. I think I am going to call of the cease fire and start gunning for them again. Though the paralegal has this awesome way of dealing with me. The @#$%^ doesn't reply to my emails at all. Nor does the pick up her bloody phone. As if my frustration with the INS was not enough, I have to put up with this. A pity these the lawyers don't have customer satisfaction surveys. :mad:

Don't mind me just letting of some steam! :rolleyes:

The reason i asked your service Center is...
In latest JIT they are showing that they are processing 10/18/2002 for AP and 08/07/2003 for EAD.
PS

1. I think moratorium rumor was correct. INS must have completely stopped for sometime (because of the naturalization screw up).
2. They started to move again, but not issuing any naturalization or PR applications.
3. They’ll be starting to adjudicate the cases starting next week or the week following that (because their computer upgrades are almost over – source: murthy.com).

Details

RD 7/17/02
ND 7/19/02
RFE 11/01/02 [ For a copy of I-140 approval notice]
RFE Response sent on 11/13/02,
INS Response Recd. date 11/29/02 [ it was delivered to INS on 11/14/02]
AD 12/04/02