FYI - Option for Address Change

PRASUKEER

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,

Yesterday I had stepped into a UPS Store (Mail Box Etc.) which has mail boxs. Noticed that they promise that your address will not be a Box Number but a valid street address. They also have mail forwarding and other options. So for folks who change address from say a Vermont jurisdication to say Texas you can look into this as an option. To prevent delay of 485 approval due to file transfer.
I just saw this ,look up UPS site for more info.
Wish I knew this earlier I paid for rent in a Apt in PA for 16 months while working in TX just to prevent the file being moved to TX. Hoping that I may get approved any day now ......... . And it only happened 16 months later.

Regards,

Prasukeer

I forgot to add, if you look at this option will need to get a few other mails to this address as well. Say your mobile phone bill and one or 2 credit bills as well. If will be good to have a mobile phone whose number will be in the same area code as the address.

Regards,

Prasukeer

In that case What will the address you give in AR-11 Form?

Or you never fill an AR-11 form? Could you please explain

If you do not want to show a your new address which changes center. Then first and foremost you will find some friend who has a permanent place and likely not to move for say 3 years. See if you can give that person's address. You will do an AR-11 and 731 to show that address. If you do not have anyone or do not want to be under their obligation then you can try the option I suggested.
Go to www.ups.com Under -> US -> Shipping -> Find Drop-off Locations - Search for The UPS Store. These UPS Stores are the old Mail Box Etc. stores. They have PO Boxes and they advertise that you get a street address not a Box address. The reason I state that you cannot give a Box address to the INS for GC process, It has to be legit address. As they give a street address you can give this by doing an AR11 and 731 for change of address. But I strongly suggest that you go to one of the stores talk to them , also about forwarding your mail.
Like I said earlier besides your INS mail will need to get some other mail to that address like a credit card or phone bill.
Also sound out your lawyer about this option see what they say.

Regards,

Prasukeer