FYI: EAD/AP renewal time is 2 months

sk2002sk

Registered Users (C)
This is just FYI, in case anyone is waiting for EAD/AP renewal:

I applied around July 22, 2004 for EAD/AP renewal. I received emails from USCIS today that my EAD/AP applications were approved on September 22, 2004. Same for spouse.

Thanks,
SK...

sk2002sk, thanks!

I just submitted my 2nd EAD application two weeks ago
(3 months before my 1st EAD expiring), the new NSC processing time is a little bit more than 2 months for EAD. I really hope to get a 2-year valid EAD...

k2002sk,

Same here. I had applied for my wifes EAD approval on July 29th, and it was approved yesterday, Sept 22. So took almost 2 months for paper filed EAD renewal.

All,

When you get your cards, please post your validity of EAD. It would be nice to have 2 years EAD.

i applied for my 3rd EAD on july 21st along with my spouse's. mine got approved last friday, but my spouse's is not approved yet. EAD1 and EAD2 approved for both of us at the same time. dont know what happened this time.

I got my EAD card today. only one year validity. My current EAD is valid until this december . but the new EAD is from 9/22/04 to 9/21/05. Last time it was not like that . :mad:

Maybe because they assume you will not need it beyond 9/21/05, and foresee approval by then? I am not sure, and need to submit my renewal documentation in 2 months, will see what happens and update.

best to all,

GKNair,

You're correct. I have been following up with many cases earlier, they used to give validity for one more year from the expiration date not from the current date.

In general, every one use to apply before 90 days to make use of Interim EAD for safer side.So at the max, we will get 9 months extension not one year. This really sucks our time/money if CIS fail to approve our cases within next 8 months.

GKNair said:
I got my EAD card today. only one year validity. My current EAD is valid until this december . but the new EAD is from 9/22/04 to 9/21/05. Last time it was not like that . :mad:

My EAD is one year from my last EAD expiration date.
My wife's EAD is one year from approval date,
so we do not know what we will get, the same as when we will be approved.

I had applied for my wifes EAD renewal on July 29th, and it was approved on Sept 22.
I received the EAD card in mail on Sept 27th. EAD is valid for 1 year, and validity is from date it was approved (Sept 22) and not when old EAD is expiring (Nov 28).

Serta2002,

Is your LUD updated anytime during your or your wife 2nd EAD/AP processes ?
I have applied for second EAD/AP , LUD updated yesterday and no update on my EAD/AP .

Thanks.

sertra2002 said:
I had applied for my wifes EAD renewal on July 29th, and it was approved on Sept 22.
I received the EAD card in mail on Sept 27th. EAD is valid for 1 year, and validity is from date it was approved (Sept 22) and not when old EAD is expiring (Nov 28).

Sorry to trouble, I know this is not related to this tread.

I am on H1B extension for another 3 years (I have applied for it, it has not yet been approved). The question being, do I need to renew my EAD as I did enter the country on AP and have applied for 2nd AP. I do not plan to switch company.

Thanks

I applied for I140/I485/EAD/AP concurrent - NSC (ND 08/25/03)
My I140 was denied on education grounds.
Filed Motion to Reconsider and I140 was approved 07/20/04
Applied for EAD renewal online for me and spouse on 08/03/04

Wife got EAD card on 10/05/04. Mine is still pending.
Why did mine not get approved with my wife ? Is it because of my I140 denial before. My I485/EAD/AP too was denied at that time.