FYI about emergency number.

donkeykong

Registered Users (C)
I made 3 enquiries in two weeks.

After the second enquiry the LUD changed to the 3rd working day instead of the 2nd working day.

After the third enquiry the LUDs remained unchanged... However i am sure that the lady did open our files because the status she indicated for my case and my wife's case was consistent with the previous 2 enquiries(i.e mine pending namecheck and wife's namecheck has cleared).

Experience with the emergency number

So far I've talked to three people at that number, 1) the very nice lady, 2) a guy who asked me "do you know it's an emergency line" and hang up, 3) a polite "bitch".
Anybody else there?

Baywatcher.

i talked to very nice lady and to lady who asked "what is your emergency?", but nevertheless agreed to answer all my questions

in my case

I too have the same experience though .. except once they just took my WAC number and said they will not give me any information and I should have to contact the 1-800 #. What do they usually do with our WAC number ?

-Sonpapdi

First time, a guy, not so friendly, responded to some of my questions and who asked me 'What is name check' and finally said its pending. This triggered 3 LUDs 03/29, 03/30 and 04/01 and nothing happened after that.

Second time(last week), another guy asked me if I am an attorney. When I said no, he said that this line was for Attorneys only and hung up.

I haven't made a third attempt.

Oh my God,

I can't belive it.

My wife and I got those MAGIC emails from USCIS about our I-485 approvals.

I take this opportunity to thank Mr.Khanna and this forum members.

You guys are amazing, you have been so nice and helpful in this long and stressful journey.

I wish everyone in this forum TONS of GOOD LUCK in their GC process and hope you will also get your approvals very soon.

I too can't believe it :)
I gave the same suggestion to someone else in the forum and he too got I-485 approvals after that.
I think I just need to give this suggestion to others to get them approved ;-)

re:

guys .
i have tried calling the emergency number but they say that they are no longer allowed to give any info abt the case. i requested the lady n number of times but she very politely said that she cant disclose anything abt the case unless and until it is an emergency.

microdev1,

Please suggest me to talk to emergency on this forum. I will do that immediatly. If that will approve my 485, you will get treat from me, a good treat. That is my promise.

microdev1 said:
I too can't believe it :)
I gave the same suggestion to someone else in the forum and he too got I-485 approvals after that.
I think I just need to give this suggestion to others to get them approved ;-)

what is emergency number

Hi,

What is emergrncy number?
What circumstances I can call? Can I call for status?

-SK

Re:

9493893007 is the mergency number .it is only for emergencies. however earlier they told the status too. i think they have stopped it now.

Called emergency number today, a guy told me my name hasn't been cleared. He was not friendly at all but looked at my case nonetheless.

No surprise but now what? I know most of people here have same problem, but we got to find a way to expedite the name check. I will try to find out if any congressman/senator is willing to help me.

Long time ago I remembered I read a good post about a long, hard but successful campaign to clear the name check. could anybody provide a link of that?

i have read many posts about name check, but nothing like you described
if you mean Rahul Kumar's experience, his name check took only 277 days and was relatively fast and painless.

dima66a said:
i have read many posts about name check, but nothing like you described
if you mean Rahul Kumar's experience, his name check took only 277 days and was relatively fast and painless.

Link please?

Just trying to find out there is anything that I can do. anything.

flyer010 said:
Called emergency number today, a guy told me my name hasn't been cleared. He was not friendly at all but looked at my case nonetheless.

No surprise but now what? I know most of people here have same problem, but we got to find a way to expedite the name check. I will try to find out if any congressman/senator is willing to help me.

Long time ago I remembered I read a good post about a long, hard but successful campaign to clear the name check. could anybody provide a link of that?

there is no way to expedite name check. period. i contacted the congressmans office and they also said the same. they can however make sure that your case is not lost, which is also the case often. so that is that.

people claim having success by calling/emailing/snailmailing but i think it is all coincidence that name check cleared around the same time.

nothing works except watching tv and trying to have a good time. it is difficult mine took almost an year too.