Future GC. I-485 paperwork

raja12

I filed for GC while working with Company A. Currently working with Company B. I-140 got approved now what should I submit for I-485? (under provision of Future employment with company A) My latest paystubs are with company B and that is what I\'m worried about. Do I have to send a future employment reference letter?

I am not lawyer

I think you have to move back to company A to resume your process, provided A didn\'t cancel your I-140. You can\'t submit I-485 while working for B. If you do, INS won\'t know temporarily, but they will find out and your case will be denied. The reason is the labor card. I heard of the future job bullshit before but I believe there is no chance for you to win over INS in the case because this thing contradicts 180 days laws (by which you can safely work for B 180 days after you submit I-485 in A)

GC for future -- JimZ cool off

Even before AC21 you can work for A and GC can be sponsored by. For that matter GC can be sponsored while you are not even in this country. What you need is a sponsor and who can vouch that he will hire once GC is approved. It will help to reduce RFEs and replies that if you are already with sponsor. 180 days rule (post AC21) is that INS should not approve/deny yout case with 180 days of RD and in such case of approval you have to start working for the sponsor aftre approval(??? it is true) though INS normally does not come behind you to verify that.

I don\'t know

Maybe you are right theoretically but since I haven\'t seen any case like that practically so I stick to my point. EB-based cases are strictly tighened to the employer (sponsor) and labor card. You can\'t pick any people on the street to sponsor you because INS will check the company background for sure. Anyway, this kind of cases are very risky and could take a long time to fight over INS plus hiring a great lawyer.

JimZ

My attorney says that pre-180 days job change is OK

According to my attorney, a future employment offer letter from sponsoring employer and employment letter from current employer is sufficient if RFE issued in case of pre-180 days job change.
Since INS takes atleast 8 months to open 485 application from receipt date, I don\'t see either it finds or
cares about the job change.

Hi, My case is very much similar..Filed I 485 last week..Sponsor is Company A

Never worked for Company A. Labor and I 140 through Company A. Currently on H1 with Company B. Will continue working with Company B till I 485 is approved. Submitted a letter regarding future employment once I 485 is approved through Company A.

Paystubs

Your case is very similar to my case. Could you please tell me what company\'s paystubs did you submit? Could you also tell me more about format of letter? Did you submit any other extra paperwork?

Hi raja12, Following Documents were submitted...

Copies of all H1s, passport with I 94, tax returns, pay stubs (of current employer - Company B),marriage and birth certificates, letter from future employer (Company A), medical, photographs and checks.The format of letter (from Company A) is attached herewith.My LCA is for CT state..My I 140 is from Vermont..I am currently in Phx..My I 485 is files at Vermont..Hope this helps..For any other info email me on kshatriyas@prodigy.net.