Future Employment - Swith Jobs ? Pl. Help.

hoochie

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

my green card is filed by a company A under future employment while I work for Company B and have been for the last 6 years . This is my 5th EAD - I even finished a local interview scheduled by the USCIS and the IO told me eveything is ok once the visa numbers are availble I will get my GC.

Now, I want to switch to Company C ? Is it ok to do it and should I use AC-21 or just go. I heard using AC-21 is not required in my case as I dont work for the GC sponsor anyway.

Awaiting invaluble inputs to decide.

Thanks, Hoochie

No need to inform USCIS, unless you are concerned that A will revoke the I-140 and want to use company C as your basis for completing the green card process.

Thanks for the update. I dont think there is any danger of revoking I-140. I have a very good relationship with the sponsor.

Thanks again for the input.

Hoochie

question to Hoochie

Hoochie,

Have you ever worked with you GC sponsering company?

If not, then how did you prove in you I485 interview that you are going to work with them once you get your gc?

Please reply to me in the same situation and can receive interview notice any time? Pls help me out.

Thanks

First of all the chances of an interview are very less, secondly even if your GC was filed under future employment after 180 days you can always change your employer with the same kind of job.

Hoochie,

If not, then how did you prove in you I485 interview that you are going to work with them once you get your gc?

Please reply to me in the same situation and can receive interview notice any time? Pls help me out.

Thanks

Hoochie,

Thanks

It was your intent at the time of applying GC. Intent of the person changes with time and situation. So that need not be the problem.

What's the solution?

What's the solution for Hoochi's case? I'm also in the same situation. Should I work for the company that sponsored GC after getting GC?
If I can't work, then what happens? USCIS has ways to know it? Does the GC gets revoked?

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the solution for Hoochi's case? I'm also in the same situation. Should I work for the company that sponsored GC after getting GC?
Yes, if you can.
If I can't work, then what happens? USCIS has ways to know it? Does the GC gets revoked?
They probably won't know until and unless you apply for naturalization and they scrutinize your life history. Or if they have another reason to scrutinize your past, such as if you committed a crime or stayed outside the US for more than 6 months.

What if employer doesn't support new job?

Yes, if you can.
They probably won't know until and unless you apply for naturalization and they scrutinize your life history. Or if they have another reason to scrutinize your past, such as if you committed a crime or stayed outside the US for more than 6 months.

Thanks JackoLanthern.
What if the future employer doesn't support new job after getting GC. At the time of filing I-485, employee and employer both have good intentions to offer/accept job. After getting GC, when the employee is ready to join, if the employer say because of bad economy I can't offer this job anymore and give the would be employee a letter with explanation that he can't offer job anymore.

Will that make the future employment GC without working for the company legal/Authentic? Can you think of anymore documents from employer to support his intent during GC but inability to offer job after GC?

Can someone answer this pl?

Thanks JackoLanthern.
What if the future employer doesn't support new job after getting GC. At the time of filing I-485, employee and employer both have good intentions to offer/accept job. After getting GC, when the employee is ready to join, if the employer say because of bad economy I can't offer this job anymore and give the would be employee a letter with explanation that he can't offer job anymore.

Will that make the future employment GC without working for the company legal/Authentic? Can you think of anymore documents from employer to support his intent during GC but inability to offer job after GC?

Can someone answer this pl?

Thanks JackoLanthern.

Employer can say at any time if does not want you on the Job for any reason. That is nothing but revoking your I-140. If your I485 is pending for more then 180 days you are covered by AC-21 legally.

Also it is perfectly legal to have future employment GC. For that matter there is nothing called current employment in case of GC. All the jobs are future only. If you are working for him that makes easy while proving the ability to pay for I-140. Other than that there is no difference.

Thanks JackoLanthern.

If they won't hire you, you don't have a choice in the matter, do you? All you can do is make sure you have another same/similar job so you can be covered under AC21. And be prepared to defend yourself years later if/when you are in the citizenship interview in case the interviewer starts to hassle you about it.

Last edited by a moderator: